Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Are you a detailed, customer oriented and quality focused Manager that wants to develop and implement a world class Quality program and roadmap while synergizing a Quality culture with a growing organization? If so, Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions wants to speak with you!
Rotary Drilling is a division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions and is a leading supplier of technologically advanced blasthole drills for the surface mining market. Based in Alachua, Florida the division leverages the latest digital technology to develop solutions which improve our customers productivity while reducing total cost of ownership.
Your performance areas
As the Quality Manager you will be responsible for the creation and execution of quality practices, documentation, and continuous improvement processes for the facility’s Supply Chain Operations. You will plan, coordinate, and direct quality programs designed to ensure continuous production of quality products that are consistent with established standards, targets, and customer expectations. You will develop staff of quality professionals to identify opportunities for quality improvement that will make a difference for our end customers and promoting a quality culture. The Quality Manager will report directly to the VP of Supply Chain.
The Quality Manager will
- Define quality expectations and improve in-process quality checks throughout entire supply process
- Establish quality metrics to track progress of quality improvement with ultimate focus on end customers’ experience
- In alignment with Sales and Service organizations, represent Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions Rotary Drilling Division directly with customers to gather feedback or to respond to quality issues
- Develop and manage an overall product evaluation and rejection process
- Manage a quality review board process to determine required action related to rejected products within 24 hours and ensure proper quality training is conducted to prevent and mitigate future occurrences/mistakes
- Coordinate and manage calibration process and participate in internal audits
Additional responsibilities include
- Conduct recruitment, selection, development, and promotion of the Quality team
- Work cooperatively with the operations team to identify systemic quality issues within the plant and develop robust root cause corrective actions in a timely manner
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish the quality and reliability expectancy of the finished product
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Core Values and current Company Policies and Procedures, including commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement
You will possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of job-related experience. Must have a technical background and experience with manufacturing processes including metal working, fabrication, welding, machining, and assembly practices. General knowledge of quality systems and supplier improvement methodology from conception to finished product. You will have at least 3 years of coaching, leading, or managing people. Demonstrated capability of working collaboratively across cross-functional teams and building key customer relationships. Ability to prioritize multiple projects at one time. Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, employee wellness and recreational discounts, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://intranet.sandvik.com/employmentcareer/careerandvacancies/job_opportunities/Pages/default.aspx to the Quality Manager position, Job Req. ID # R0031494.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set