Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is looking for a Quality Supervisor for our Chicago Warehouse operations
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Quality Supervisor.
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for executing administrative processes at key control points within the Chicago Warehouse with key focus areas of people management, forward planning, costs and KPI’s. This role has a strong focus on Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) standards and compliance with chain of responsibility.
Key responsibilities Include:
- Skilled in the methods, tools and processes used within the quality area.
- Has experience and skills to review and improve existing methods, tools and processes related to the quality area
- Shares knowledge and provides guidance within the team
- Supports and participates in root-cause-analysis and problem-solving within the unit (or cross functional)
- Drives and/or participates in projects related to quality
- Supports the organization with technical competence in specific area.
- Comply with all aspects of the Sandvik EHS policy and any reasonable instruction, procedures or systems of work which are given in the interest of providing safe workplaces and eliminating environmental harm
- Assist with development and refinement of a warehouse layout including proper location of goods
- Maintaining and preparing regular monthly productivity, KPI, EHS and development reports
- Assist with the development and implementation of process improvements (based on warehousing best practices) to optimise/improve the operational efficiency, performance and productivity of the Warehouse including implementing cost reduction strategies.
- Support the Operational performance team in executing continuous improvement projects
We are looking for someone with a previous experience within a Warehouse as well as highly developed customer relations, time management and organizational skills. With your leadership capabilities comes a high-level of initiative, drive and determination. You will also have well-develop interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and motivate staff. You will also have sound Microsoft Office skills and prior exposure to ERP, Warehouse, Transport and EHS management systems will be beneficial.
Additionally, education in Warehouse, Inventory or Supply Chain discipline or an advantage and knowledge of the mining industry is desirable.
Forklift truck & Order picking forklift truck license is essential.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Quality Supervisor – Chicago Warehouse, Job Req. ID# R0027851
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set