- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Alachua, Florida
- Job-ID: R0022381
- Job category: Quality
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for
Are you a Quality Engineer who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Quality Engineer experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
The Quality Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing procedures and systems to assure that quality standards and targets are being attained.
Additionally, the Quality Engineer will be responsible for:
- Ensure quality aspect is included into all operations and documented when needed.
- Organize, develop and perform QA Audits for all operations.
- Use audit data to improve process by performing root cause analysis and identifying solutions.
- Review customer and frontline feedback and perform root cause analysis and identify solutions.
- Implement corrective actions based on findings.
- Coordinates that of all quality related documentation is existing and maintained in production operations
- Coordinate and manage and document all calibrations of tooling and measuring equipment.
- Communicate with Production Teams to resolve quality issues.
- Help organization with daily quality problems.
- Design and conduct training for Production Associates to target chronic quality issues.
- Comply with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meet objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management System. Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement
- Safety and quality focus with open mind, innovative spirit
- Adept problem solver – logical and methodical approach in problem solving
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal
- High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills and detail oriented
- Must be able to read Engineering drawings and schematics
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manager multiple projects simultaneously independent of close supervision
- Quality champion – capable of supporting ISO 9001 document requirements
- Knowledge of advanced methodologies like lean manufacturing and six sigma analysis
- Demonstrated capabilities to work collaboratively and cross-functionally while successfully developing and maintaining key professional and customer relationships
- Current on latest technology and quality best practices
The Quality Engineer should have 5+ years in a manufacturing environment, demonstrated experience in designing and implementing Quality Improvement systems from conception to finished product (cradle to grave). In addition, high school diploma or GED preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing or equivalent job-related experience preferred. Technical background and experience with manufacturing processes including metal working, fabrication, welding, machining and assembly practices.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://intranet.sandvik.com/employmentcareer/careerandvacancies/job_opportunities/Pages/default.aspx to the Quality Engineer position, Job Req. ID # R0022381.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set