Summerill High Precision Tube in Scottdale, PA is looking for a
As a Quality Technician, you will have a key role in the manufacturing of special stainless steel tube products.
We are looking for someone who is ready to join our team and work with manufacturing to drive our quality management system and further develop it.
If you have an associate degree in a technical field and experience in manufacturing and are interested in opportunities for career advancement, we want to speak with you!
Summerill High Precision Tube is part of the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D.
Key performance areas
You will be responsible to help maintain a quality management system as you routinely interact with our manufacturing team, key suppliers, customers and sale representatives. You will support product development and product qualification, implementation of new manufacturing processes, as well as work with inspection techniques and equipment.
- Drive continual improvements within all facilities activities, assess risks and identify improvement opportunities
- Devise and implement corrective and preventative action processes
- Work in new systems and equipment and ensure operational excellence
- Conduct regular internal process and system audits
- Work with current and new suppliers on quality-related issues
- Report key performance indicators within all areas of operation
- Review, approve and release material based on technical data from material suppliers and own material
- Participate on teams to qualify new equipment and processes to meet industry and customer specifications
- Maintain quality management system requirements using databases and other technology and train others
- Adhere to industry quality and safety standards
The ideal candidate is a recent College or Technical school graduate that possesses an associate degree in Engineering or a related Technical degree. Candidate should possess 2-3 years’ experience in the metals processing or metals industry is desired, but other equivalent experience or less experience is acceptable. Participation in an Internship program in related field will be considered. Experience working within quality management systems such as ISO 9001, AS9100, ASME NCA 3800 or equivalent is preferred, but most importantly we require someone that is a highly motivated problem solver.
- Balance multiple priorities with ease while delivering excellent results
- React well to change and flexible working within ever-changing environment with a variety of contacts
- Team player with excellent (oral & written) communication, interpersonal skills
- Possess cultural awareness skills to perform well in multi-cultural team environment
- Remain diplomatic and calm in the face of challenges and work well under pressure
- Ability to think in practical terms and quickly develop doable solutions to problems
Summerill High Precision Tube offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Quality Technician position, Job Requisition ID# R0018170.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set