Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Fleet Manager (Fleet Coordinator)
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently, we have an opening for a Fleet Manager. The Fleet Manager is responsible for managing and liaising with the customer on their newly installed fleet of equipment.
Do you have a desire to develop your understanding of maintenance and service operations in the mining industry? We want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Working with cutting edge technology such as Battery Electric Vehicles
- Coordinating and reporting on processes relating to the maintenance of all SMR equipment located at site
- Acting as the focal point for maintenance plans with the mine site planner and scheduling the SMR fleet maintenance and training programs
- Providing analysis, feedback and solutions to improve the operation of all SMR equipment located at the mine site
- Routine reporting on systems and maintenance processes to ensure Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets as outlined in the Agreement are achieved
- Maintaining close communication with all SMR personnel working at site to ensure compliance with Customer, SMR and regulatory Health and Safety standards for Mines and Mining Plants
- Reporting on the commissioning of new equipment.
- Compiling and submitting accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists from the SMR team
- Overseeing audits, as required, on all SMR equipment in conjunction with the maintenance team and provide a written report to the maintenance planner at site.
- Gathering feedback from mechanics as they troubleshoot system problems on the equipment as required and complete written reports and training recommendations
Environmental Health and Safety
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- College diploma in technical field or equivalent experience
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic certification or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years’ service experience is required with an understanding of maintenance and service operations
- Strong interest and desire to develop a thorough understanding of mining maintenance operations
- Excellent analytical skills and able to make recommendations based on data and experience
- Sandvik product and operations experience is considered an asset
- Experience with planning and scheduling
- Ability and willingness to travel when required.
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Fleet Manager, requisition R0032837. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Oct 26