DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
ARE YOU HIGHLY ORGANISED, A PROBLEM SOLVER & TEAM PLAYER?'
WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU!!
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Project Manager (P3) for a 2 Year FTC in our Dublin Office.
A senior position which requires in-depth knowledge and project management experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Supports colleagues to grow and to increase their capability to deliver.
- Create, develop and execute the Project Plan and Detailed Design according to
Project Charter (or equivalent).
- Ensure efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources.
- Execute projects according to Sandvik Project models and appropriate methods
- Lead, manage and motivate the project team
- Manage dependencies, risks and opportunities.
- Follow-up and report on project status (cost, time/progress, quality etc.).
- Communicate effectively with project team and stakeholders.
- Manage changes to the project scope imposed by e.g. customer or steering group decisions.
- Hand-over projects deliverables to receiving organization(s)
- Participate to project tasks and assignments and utilize own expertise in supply chain management
- Work is done in own team and related teams. Works with broad guidelines and policies.
- Requires in depth knowledge and experience in own discipline and basic knowledge in related disciplines.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Supports colleagues to grow and to increase their capability to deliver.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus.
- Review and improve methods, tools and processes. Explore opportunities to share best practice within own function.
It is essential that the successful candidate will have a degree level or equivalent, ideally in a business or supply chain discipline. You must have 5-8 years’ experience in a related supply chain role & minimum 3 years experience in a project management role. You speak fluent English and have the ability to travel globally if required.
What we offer:
22 days annual leave
4 Company Days
Defined Contribution Pension
VHI Health Insurance
Life & Disability Insurance
Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
Flexible start & Finish times
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Reporting to: Global Parts Inventory Planning Process Manager
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact HRIreland@Sandvik.com.
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilize, and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.
The closing date for applications is 19th September 2021
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU
Deadline: Not set