Executive Assistant & Project Coordinator - Tools Production
Sandvik Coromant is market leading manufacturer of products for metal cutting, and a global team of 7900 brilliant minds – proudly creating solutions that shape the future of manufacturing. To strengthen the delivery within our Tools Production department, we’re now looking for a Coordinator/Assistant to take a central role in securing process, quality and reporting of future projects within the organization as well as being the Executive Assistant to the Global Director of Tools Production.
In this position, you´re responsible for providing support to new projects in the start-up phase in terms of processes and templates, and you make sure that they are correctly included in the project portfolio. You ensure that status information for the portfolio is collected regularly and in accordance with our quality standards.
You spend about half your time supporting the PMO and the other half supporting the Global Director of Tools Production. As the director’s right hand, you give operative as well as strategic support with speed and integrity – which requires discretion, confidentiality, a good understanding of technical and business vocabulary, and knowledge of the organization's operations, procedures, and people.
Other areas of responsibility include:
- Supporting project managers with project/budget follow-up
- Introducing project managers to status reporting
- Manage own projects
- Supporting handovers from demand to project & leading projects through close and clean up
- Assisting data quality in the portfolio and booking PMO/project invoice
- Compile, verify, and analyze information for the Production Director (PD) to use in documents such as reports, presentations and news releases
- Facilitate smooth communications between the executive and co-workers and between the PD and external parties such as customers
- Handle confidential information and maintain the security of the PD’s records, files & schedules
- Perform tasks using independent judgment and discretion, e.g., preparing documents and presentation materials; arranging and attending meetings; taking and distributing minutes of meetings
You’re preferably based at our production site in Schmalkalden, Germany, or at one of our other European sites within corresponding time zones. Some travel is included in this role during normal circumstances.
We’re looking for someone with a degree in a field such as IT, Business Administration or Communication, or equivalent knowledge gained from working. You have relevant work experience, and good knowledge of normal project processes and documentation. You are detail-oriented and quality-focused, and you enjoy chasing information and explaining processes and templates. As we operate in an international setting, you need good skills in English, both verbally and written, while knowledge of German is a plus.
Your personality makes us better! You’re business-savvy, goal oriented and always deliver on time, and have both the interest and the ability to motivate colleagues in a virtual, global organization. With good collaboration and communication skills, together with a service mind and social confidence, you have what’s needed to build trust and maintain relations with stakeholders at all levels of the company. You’re independent yet a team player, and you’re not afraid to state your opinion and make things happen!
At Sandvik Coromant, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Send your application no later than August 22, 2021. Read more about Sandvik Group and apply at home.sandvik/career (Job ID: R0029156).
For further information about this position, please contact:
Henning Kirchner, recruiting manager, +49 (0)1520 164 69 63
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact HR Services, +46 (0)26 261 444.
We have already decided on which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to use, and respectfully decline any additional contacts.
Deadline: Aug 22