Delivery Team Leader (M2)
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
WE WANT YOU TO HELP US CREATE THE BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE FUTURE OF OUR COMPANY
The aim of the new SMR Business Intelligence team is to deliver business value by providing insights to business users within a short time frame. This objective will require modernised data architecture and a good understanding of our data domains. The team will shift its focus from tools and technology to understanding the business questions that need to be answered, and the data required to answer them. If you have a passion for data insights and delivering business value, then participating in this Business Intelligence transformation is for you.
We are looking for exceptional people to join our multi-cultural team located in Dublin. This is a fantastic opportunity to create the digital future for our organisation using the very latest Business Intelligence technologies, creating sustainable business benefits and supporting the execution of Divisional strategies.
As we are creating a new internal Business Intelligence competency in the Dublin office, this presents a great opportunity for learning and career development in this full-time position.
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Delivery Team Leader for a permanent role in our Dublin Office.
The Delivery Team Leader is primary point of contact for the Business Intelligence team with our business stakeholders / customers. You will be responsible for the gathering business requirements, breaking these down into tasks, allocating resources from the data warehouse and BI teams and ensuring delivery in full back to the business. The process and tools to be used in tracking business requests, tracking work by the GDW team and BI team should be defined by the Delivery Team Lead in collaboration with the BI management team. The Delivery Team Leader should be focused on delivering not only as per the business requirements but in line with business priorities and urgency.
Area of Responsibility
- Leads program/project management office or function.
- Develops and adopts organization's project management methodology.
- Defines and develop program/project management best practices, processes, and policy to ensure alignment with organization strategy and goals.
- Manage the end to end delivery of business requirements
- Define the change request workflow / process for all business requirements
- Define which tools should be used to track all activities within the broader BI team (JIRA, DevOps, ServiceNow, etc)
- Develop KPIs and BI dashboards to bring transparency to the work in progress by the BI team, tasks delivered and tasks on backlog
- Develop a process whereby business stakeholders can understand tasks pending for their Division / Function and can formally prioritise the delivery of these tasks
- Host and lead regular resource allocation discussions together with the BI management team
- Educate our business stakeholders to help the organization understand what we do, how we do it within our standard processes
- Review business requirements together with other key BI stakeholders and the business and deliver high level solution designs
- Manage a pool of project managers when these are required to deliver larger projects
- Other tasks as required and directed by your line manager
You are a highly motivated, delivery focused leader with superb interpersonal skills and a passion for excellence. You have a positive outlook, a can-do attitude and thrive on working in a multi-cultural team environment.
You have high level business intelligence knowledge and high level Application development knowledge. You have Extensive project management experience demonstrating an ability to be the link between the business and IT resources.
You can demonstrate experience and exposure to project management concepts and tools.
You have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, are proficient in the MS Office Suite and the ability to articulate complex ideas and findings. You are highly organised, with good planning and people management skills. You are educated to Degree level and have 5+ years of hands on experience working in Business Intelligence.
Some international travel will be required.
What we offer:
- 22 days annual leave
- 4 Company Days
- Defined Contribution Pension
- VHI Health Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
- Flexible start & Finish times
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Reporting to: The Director of Business Intelligence
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact Vanessa.Scott@Sandvik.com.
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilize, and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.
The closing date for applications is 30th June 2021
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU.
Please click on Sandvik Home for more information about our company.
Deadline: Jun 30