Technical Project Manager
- Deadline: 30 Aug
- Country: Germany
- Location: Werther, Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Job-ID: R0019606
- Job category: Project Management
Sandvik High Precision Tube in Sandvik Materials Technology is looking for :
1 Technical Project Manager
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. The cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and industry-leading metallurgy and R&D. In 2019, sales were approximately 15 billion SEK with about 6,000 employees.
Our Tube Division is a world leading producer of seamless stainless-steel tubes in special alloys for selected niches in the most demanding industries.
The position is ideally based in our Sandvik High Precision Tube site based Germany (Werther), but open also for flexible location.
Key Performance Areas
We are actively seeking a talented and experienced technical project manager to oversee a wide variety of projects from conceptual design through implementation. You will have the chance to network with customers, external partners, and in-house expert colleagues as well as work with experts for each project.
In this role, you are supporting our Products Unit Director Sandvik High Precision Tube with leading important technical projects with mainly the aim to develop and qualify our products with customers operating in the aeronautic, automotive and other added value industry sectors.
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various part of our organization (Sales, Design, Production, Quality…) during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved persons to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and in-house accountants and negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors.
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
We know how valuable your technical and project management skills are to our company’s success. If you are ready to steer high-level projects to success, we are excited to have you on our team.
With a higher education in mechanical/manufacturing engineering or a related field, you have a proven experience in technical project management area, particularly in the industry.
Your main skills are :
- Good project management skills
- Good people management and team working skills
- Ability to manage teams/projects and bring them to success
- Familiar with lean product development principle
- Application knowledge of mobile equipment, preferably in drilling equipment
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated experience in building business relationships
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills
- Ability to build high performance effective teams across business functions and lead the teams
- Mother Tongue in German and fluent in English
How to apply ?
Are you ready to take your career to the next level and help our company to bring into a high level value of innovative Steel industry?
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers.com/ for the Technical Project Manager position, Job Requisition ID #R0019606.
Deadline: 30 Aug