Project Manager - Product Development
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Alachua, Florida
- Job-ID: R0015944
- Job category: Project Management
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Project Manager - Product Development
Are you a self-directed, solutions-oriented thinker with the ability to find innovative solutions to complex problems? If you have experience in managing complex multi-site projects, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
The Project Manager position within Rotary Drills Design and Development(D&D) is responsible for managing the R&D and Engineering projects and activities within the division rotary drills at the Alachua facility according to Sandvik Project Model guidelines. Project Manager is responsible for planning project activities, managing project timelines and contents, completing the projects in the agreed schedule, and reporting the projects based on the priorities set by VP of Design and Development. Close cooperation with product line, sourcing, procurement, production, technical support and sales support is needed for successful completion of projects. This position reports to the VP of D&D.
Key responsibilities include
- Ensuring that all reasonable steps are taken to ensure all project personnel / employees are provided with a safe and healthy work environment. This includes compliance with the Sandvik safety management program.
- Ensure Gate 1-5 deliverables are kept according to Project Model process
- Create detailed work breakdown structure based on project scope, schedule and budget – project plan
- Ensure delivery of Project on scope, schedule and budget. Monitor and manage triple constraints
- Documenting and reporting the project progress, preparing presentations to maintain the project portfolio
- Develop project culture and best practices in project management at the facility – Lean product development
- Develop and maintain the project white boards and maintain them throughout the project
- Maintain a team-working environment through all level of management according to Sandvik Core Values
- Prepare and present project updates to the offering steering group
- Work closely with a chief engineer and a product manager to agree on project scope through the project
- Will work in compliance with the Sandvik safety management program
You possess an MBA or B. of Sc. in Engineering. Five years of Project Management experience. Formal PM training and certification. Min. 5-8 years of practical experience in mobile equipment or heavy equipment industry. Experience in New Product Development experience is preferred.
Required skills & competencies
- Good project management skills
- Good people management and team working skills
- Ability to manage teams/projects and bring them to success
- Familiar with lean product development principle
- Application knowledge of mobile equipment, preferably in drilling equipment
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated experience in building business relationships
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills
- Ability to build high performance effective teams across business functions and lead the teams
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to the Project Manager – Product Development position, Job Opening #R0015944.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set