Category Manager - Fire Suppression
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Category Manager – Fire Suppression – Milton, Brisbane
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the Fire Suppression product in the Australian Sales area and developing offerings to satisfy our customers’ needs and requirements. As the formal link between Parts and Services and the Fire Suppression Product Line, you will provide process and commercial input to maximize the profitable and sustainable wallet share of the Fire Suppression product stream within Australia.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
Areas of responsibility
- Proactively drive safety as a business advantage and identify offerings reflective of this.
- Map business dimensions of Fire Suppression Category products & develop a sound aftermarket strategy for each.
- Identify opportunities for growth, sustainability and improvement measures while striving to achieve agreed Business Growth targets.
- Provide support to Sales Area with the introduction of new product offerings providing relevant sales and support information.
- Provide input to General Manager Fire Suppression and Engineering and Inventory Teams to address product offerings, product issues and Inventory Levels.
- Keep up to date with competitor product development and product performance.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies.
You will be self-motivated and innovative with a positive attitude. You will have exceptional customer relationship skills and demonstrated experience in field Sales within the mining industry. Your time management and organisation skills will be highly developed as well as your ability make quality decisions based on robust information and data analysis. Your previous experience will demonstrate your ability to build/contribute/influence strategies for team direction and delivery.
Knowledge of Fire Suppression Products and Installation, Servicing and Compliance to relevant standards and legislation is desirable but not essential.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 13% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0460 971 554
Deadline: Dec 24