Workshop Rebuild Specialist
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for a
Workshop Rebuild Specialist (Locations: Elko, NV)
If you have experience working in an industrial setting and have a background into the Rebuild processes, procedures, planning and execution for mining equipment, Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. The offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
As the Workshop Rebuild Specialist, you will suggest improvements to the existing Rebuild processes and propose solutions / methods to improve the efficiency and quality of the work performed in the Workshop, complete the necessary assignments and may supervise others in order to complete the rebuilds /repairs on time under OEM specifications, conduct Testing and commissioning services and act as a subject matter expert, providing technical support for the technicians in the Workshop
- Has developed expertise in a variety of processes, procedures and activities related to the planning and execution of Rebuild and/or Reborn project for mining equipment and components, especially U/G and had a proven experience on the job.
- May coordinate a variety of works beyond his own area.
- Follow the necessary Risk Assessments and Safety protocols in the Workshop.
- Has develop broad and /or deep skills in a range of processes, procedures and systems related to the Rebuild activities, for machines and components.
- Conduct Testing and commissioning services
- Understand and be ready to prepare a comprehensive plan to execute Rebuilds for equipment and components.
- Has a good understanding of how coordinate different teams, their resources and efforts to achieve the objectives in the Rebuild / Repair plans.
- Has a good understanding of the basic economics KPI’s related to a Rebuild Project and how to manage them for the best economical results along with the technical requirements
- Exercises judgement, based on previous experience, best practices and precedents rebuilds/ repairs to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Exchange ideas, procedures, protocols effectively when dealing with other areas and Workshop staff /technicians
- Review and improve the existing methods, procedures, processes, protocols and tools for the Rebuild / Repairs activities
- Explore opportunities to share best practices within own function /scope of work.
Besides possessing an Engineering and /or technical degree, Workshop Rebuild Specialist must have more than 6 years performing Rebuild /Reborn activities for mining Equipment and Components. You must have an aptitude for learning new data analysis systems, and experience as Mining customer related activities is preferred. A higher ability and understanding of Microsoft Office would be required.
You must be highly organized, self-motivated, and proactive in order to address all customer and internal requirements in a quick and professional manner. A professional demeanor and the ability to work quickly and effectively within time constraints are mandatory. The ability to work overtime as the requirements of the business dictate is required.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Workshop Rebuild Specialist position, Job Req. ID# R0046318.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set