Training Lead (Hybrid)
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
WE WANT YOU TO HELP US CREATE THE DIGITAL FUTURE OF OUR COMPANY
We embarked a seven year global Business Transformation program enabled by SAP S/4HANA in January 2021. This is a greenfield implementation for Sandvik, a large Swedish multinational group. Ireland was chosen as the central hub location for this business digitalisation initiative which we call the “Seamless Flow Program”. A second phase of the Program is now starting, with ambition to extend the template to our Sales Units
We are looking for exceptional people to join our diverse and multi-cultural team. This is a fantastic opportunity to create the digital future for our organisation using the very latest SAP technologies, creating sustainable business benefits and supporting the execution of Divisional strategies.
As we are creating a new internal SAP competency, this presents a great opportunity for learning and career development in this full-time position.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering Group with a strong commitment to enhancing customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 44,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Training Lead (Hybrid) (P4) - for a permanent role in our Dublin Office.
The Training Lead is a key role within the Seamless Flow Programme change management and training team. The role will help support the successful adoption of this Digital Transformation initiative through a focus on people and learning. The role is responsible for development and administration of training programmes for the business Divisions and employees. The role will continually assess training and development needs for employees, help individuals and groups develop process skills and knowledge, supports the delivery of process workshops to each business area and monitors training for effectiveness. The role will work closely with the Seamless Flow Programme training partner to ensure training content is developed and delivered on time, in line with the projected timelines while building their knowledge across the learning development and delivery cycle.
Additionally, the role will support and engage with the change management team to consider and include data derived from the change impact assessment, business readiness activities, stakeholder engagement activities and communications. The Training Lead will support the Head of Change Management and Training in creating and implementing training strategies and plans that maximise employee learning and adoption with a focus on benefits realisation
- Oversees the learning programme, for each Division and business area, that includes eLearning and web-based/classroom training, simulations, manuals, job-aids, group sessions, training videos, process walkthrough workshops and other channels.
- Coordinates and supports delivery of training to end users outside of the training partner’s scope. e.g. end to end process walkthroughs
- Help to create an environment that supports continuous connectivity, collaboration and knowledge sharing across Divisions.
- Determines training needs and requirements for impacted end users by meeting with managers, employees, the training partner or administering surveys.
- Develop and coordinate local training activities for end users, super users (business process leads/experts and champions) and testers.
- Reviews existing training materials produced by the training partners and third parties to determine appropriateness and relevance
- Lead a training team that modifies or creates course materials and training manuals to meet specific training needs as well as develops training content
- Manages the materials within the knowledge and learning management solution to support delivery and reporting of training
- Presents in-person and online training sessions or plans logistics to enable qualified resources to do so
- Schedules training sessions, organises information technology and other equipment, and manages course enrolment
- Monitors training programmes and content to ensure that they are effective and up-to-date and makes updates as necessary
- Works with managers to address learning issues, instruction problems, or new educational needs regarding specific employees or functional teams across the Divisions
- Ensures that appropriate learning curriculums and learning materials are embedded into the new hire onboarding process
- Help build a training team that manages and maintains content on an ongoing basis after deployments, that is embedded into the SAP update process
- Specialises in SAP training and keeps current on the activities and needs by attending regular meetings, conferences, and seminars
- Maintains understanding of new educational and training techniques and methods
You are a highly motivated, delivery focused leader with superb interpersonal skills and a passion for excellence. You have a positive outlook, a can-do attitude and thrive on working in a multi-cultural team. You have 5+ years’ experience in a training lead role. Experience supporting complex learning initiatives, in a large scale or multination organisation is preferred.
Experience of major transformation programmes is preferred. You have experience using SAP enable NOW and other training content development tools is an advantage.
Education, Licenses & Certificates
- Educated to degree level desirable
- Certification in learning delivery preferred
- Certification in Project Management desirable
What we offer:
22 days annual leave
4 Company Days
Defined Contribution Pension
VHI Health Insurance
Life & Disability Insurance
Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
Flexible start & Finish times
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland (Current office on Harcourt Street, we will relocate to a new office in the IFSC district as of 1st May 2022)
Reporting to: Head of Change Management and Training
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunnelling and quarrying. In 2021, sales were approximately 41 billion SEK with about 15,500 employees within continuing operations.
A glimpse of our culture
At Sandvik, we’re tech driven, innovative and entrepreneurial! For us, success is a team effort - we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where people can be themselves and reach their full potential. So, we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our differences. We also give you the freedom to find that perfect mix between work, family life and interests. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us further.
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact HRIreland@sandvik.com. Read more about Sandvik and apply at https://www.home.sandvik/career
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilise, and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.
The closing date for applications is 30th June 2022
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU
Deadline: Not set