NEWTRAX - Product Manager - OptiMine Operations
NEWTRAX is seeking a
Product Manager - OptiMine Operations
Newtrax has joined Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology as a Standalone Business Unit. Newtrax believes the future of mining is underground, not only because minerals close to the surface are increasingly rare, but because underground mines have a significantly lower environmental footprint.
To accelerate the transition to a future where 100% of mining is underground, Newtrax eliminates the current digital divide between surface mines and underground mines. To achieve this goal, Newtrax integrates the latest Internet-of-Things and Artificial Intelligence technologies to monitor and provide insights on underground operations, including people, machines, and the environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Work in a dynamic and fast paced environment where you will have growth opportunities.
- Join an award-winning company (Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec: Prix Génie innovation, Selected as Technology Fast 50 in Canada by Deloitte, Entrepreneur of the year - Technology under 100 employees).
- Work in a collaborative and supportive environment, in a human-scale company.
- Be part of a growing company that has a global presence around the world.
- Spacious open office in the heart of Old Montreal.
- Super-convenient access by metro, bus, train, or bike.
- Opportunity to work with industry leading professionals.
- Complete insurance package that gives you peace of mind, for you and your family.
- Group RRSP with employer contribution.
- Free on-site access to a fitness center and qualified coaches.
As a learning organization in a fast-paced global industry, our most precious asset is our employees, and our guiding values are:
Health, Safety & Security Global Citizenship Teamwork & Trust World Class Rigorous Financial Discipline
BU Newtrax are looking for a Product Manager to lead the next generation OptiMine Operations Management product portfolio – someone with a doer’s attitude, great people skills and an agile approach that suits the broad audience.
In this position, you’re the Product Manager within the Next Generation OptiMine PM team that takes care of Operations Management and modules therein. This includes the hardware and software product responsibility for the entire Operations Management Solution. You take lead in identifying, developing, and evaluating our products – spanning all the way from new product ideas, enhancements to existing products and the longer-term product strategy – and you keep track of all phases of the life cycle for the products in our operations management portfolio. Together with the sales organization and R&D, you create a profitable product offering and ensure a successful growth of the business. In other words, you enable our success in the field by translating research discoveries into usable and marketable products and by securing excellent service and product offerings to our customers.
One of the key success factors for us is the close collaboration together with sales regions and customers in driving continuously improvement and we take pride in truly understanding their requirements. To keep up this work, you explore the market, analyze our competition, and share your knowledge through ongoing product introductions, product support and training. The position is reporting to the VP of Product management and the location for this position is in Montreal, although the right candidate can also be stationed at our site in Tampere, Finland
- As the Product Solution Expert from a business standpoint, you ensure transparency so both RVPs and R&D understand the product increment priorities and requirements, as documented in the Newtrax PM Requirements platform Aha!
- Maintain an up to date 12 months rolling roadmap (Increment priorities) enabling regional stakeholders to build proper sales Forecast as well as longer term 5-year product horizon.
- Create product requirement specifications for new product developments and Features and review and sign off with R&D to enable design of Functional requirements which will be used for producing the effort estimates.
- Help support regional Business Development activities such as technical response to RFI, RFP, Roadmap presentation and customer technical proposals.
- Participate in product design reviews during the development phases
- Work with regional teams to plan rollout of TRL8 product releases including commercial terms to upgrade customers.
- Collect TRL-7/SAT product feedback and prioritize enhancement required to finalize for product launch.
- Gather stakeholders' feedback to improve the product and solution developed including the gathering, analysis, and prioritization of new product (feature) request and improvements.
- Communicate bi-weekly updates to technology partners (Ex. BU Automation) on the development efforts, timeline, delays, etc. to shield the engineering team from stakeholders as much as humanly possible.
- Prepare and present product portfolios updates as new products and features are released to a wider audience internally and externally.
- Lead Win/Loss Analysis within 2-4 weeks following customer RFP selection.
- Communicate in a timely fashion the content required for marketing related documentation such as:
- 3D animations that explain the vision of the solution
- PPT presentation
- Concept Overview Documents (COD)
- Data sheet
- Solution Overview Document (SOD)
- Provide documentation requirements and approve documentation generated for your products.
- Manage product Life Cycle including Product Launch, Current Product enhancements/improvements as well as product end and phase out.
- Participates in the gathering of intel from competitive landscape, pricing strategy and keeping the CRM price list up to date.
- Provides subject matter guidance to Dev Ops
- Ensuring the smooth running of various activities or projects. Planning and organizing the material, human or financial resources necessary to carry out his work and participate in setting objectives.
- And lastly, following the results of his regular work and make the adjustments himself to ensure that the objectives are achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or engineering and/or mining related technical degree
- 5 Years of experience in customer facing activities building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Relevant experience with UG mining technologies (Mobile Equipment Technologies, mining dispatch solution, real-time location solutions AND/OR proximity detection & collision avoidance solutions)
- Relevant experienced visiting different UG mines globally
- Experience with writing product requirements that are clear for end users.
- Experience in effectively communicating complex technologies and solutions to business facing stakeholders and technical buyers from the customer side.
- Ability to deploy and configure software solutions
- Ability to deploy and configure hardware for personnel
- Ability to deploy and configure hardware for mobile equipment (Diesel powered or Battery Electric)
- Ability to train/communicate with early adopter regional team and customer.
- Strong teamwork ethic and ability to impact through influence.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language and an exceptional stakeholder-centric service focus.
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with our internal and external stakeholders
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
Ability to travel 25%-50%
Deadline: May 31