Technical Specialist - Rock Tools
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for a
Technical Specialist – Rock Tools
Location - USA - Elko, NV
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, services, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key Performance Areas
The Technical Specialist - Rock Tools is responsible for providing quality technical support and for developing the technical competencies of the customer and internal personnel.
- Provides technical training to the service network on proper operation, maintenance and troubleshooting practices.
- Provides technical support to end users, operators, and service personnel in cases of complex technical issues.
- Provides relevant feedback to factories to enable improvements to the equipment or its operation.
- Provides assistance in compiling accurate data to process warranty claims and rock tool improvements.
- Investigates warranty claims proactively and reactively to enhance customer satisfaction and provide feedback to the respective factories.
- Assists factories with field-testing and trials of new products and updated components to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Performs rock tool demonstrations in a safe manner.
- Assists in the training of distributors.
- Provide on-site technical assistance to resolve issues.
- Assists customers with parts interpretations and recommended stock holdings.
- Develop customer relationships to ensure customers have a positive experience and remain loyal to the Sandvik brand.
Safety and Environment
- Complies with Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits.
- Strives to find safer ways for customers to work with Sandvik’s products.
We are looking for a self-directed and collaborative individual who has strong investigative, diagnostic and technical skills, in addition to effective written and verbal communication skills. Two year Technical/Engineering Degree in a mechanical/mining discipline along with 5 years of Technical & Training experience. Ability to meet deadlines, work in a team environment along with computer and listening skills is a must. Knowledge of foreign language - Spanish or French is a plus. This role will require travel and the ability to work a flexible schedule.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Technical Specialist - Rock Tools position, Job Req. # R0034219.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set