Underground Support Specialist
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions Elko, NV is looking for an
Underground Support Specialist - Parts & Services
If you have a strong technical background, strong training and diagnostic skills then we have this first-rate opportunity.
We are a global leading supplier in equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Applications include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying.
Key performance areas
The Underground Support Specialist will be providing support to the current customer fleets of Jumbos, Bolters, Production Drills, new units coming to the market, support trials, and ensuring that P&S has the portfolio of products ready to support the market!
This role is product focused and concentrates on providing guidance and advice on the implementation and strategies for the catalog of products related to P&S. You will develop Portfolio offerings for the product line in conjunction with the factory to improve the aftermarket offering and potential revenue increases. The ideal candidate will also develop and implement a proven go to market offering for the Parts and Services business.
Additionally, the applicant will:
- Provides technical support to a variety of partners internally and externally
- Reviews spare parts recommendations and develops accuracy of Machine Life Operating Costs (MLOC)
- Assist with the development and implementation of Automation products, as well as, provide support for the Automation product
- Monitor test results for new products and trials to implement and assist with field-testing new and updated components to ensure accurate and safe operation of improved product
- Assists in developing product training for sales and service personnel for the respective products and provide on-site resolution to product issues
- Assists customers with parts interpretations and recommended stock holdings
- Develop key customer and client relationships, visit customers to ensure a positive experience, provide in depth product knowledge, and ensure they remain dedicated to the Sandvik brand
- Align with safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits.
- Strives to find safer ways for customers to work with Sandvik’s products.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with What We Value and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Takes ownership for personal development and improvement of skills.
Education and Experience
- Two-year Technical Degree in a mechanical subject area preferred
- Project Management experience preferred, PMP is a plus
- 5 years Technical experience
- Training in key aspects of technical trades
- Ability to work in a collaborative space
- Written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to train and transfer knowledge to others
- Flexible, self-motivated and strive to achieve customer happiness goals and targets
- Strong investigation skills
- Digital literacy
- Flexible, self-motivated with shown initiative
- Knowledge of customer’s industry
- Outstanding customer relations and active listening skills
- The role may require working in open pit operations.
- Ability to travel is vital
Sandvik offers an outstanding catalog of benefits and employee perks such as:
- Benefits eligibility that begin 30 days after start date
- Health care eligibility that includes, medical, dental, vision, prescription and telemedicine
- Paid vacation with up to 40 hours available to roll over in to the next year
- A very strong 401(k). We contribute 5% annual salary to the Retirement Savings plan. We also match 50% of the first 6%.
- Tuition reimbursement
In addition to these outstanding benefits, Sandvik provides a company laptop and cell phone.
Sandvik provides opportunities for competence development and training, as well as, opportunities for career advancement. We believe diversity is meaningful for success and growth.
How to Apply
For consideration, please apply https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Underground Support Specialist position, Job Req. ID# R0034168
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set