Machining Applications Engineer (Aerospace)
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. We are currently constructing a new US Headquarters in Mebane, NC, including a Sandvik Coromant Center – where our customers, partners and employees can experience the latest technologies and digital machining techniques firsthand. Sandvik Coromant Centers are a hub for training, R&D testing, customer projects, and an overall emersion into a Sandvik Coromant experience that is state of the art.
If you’re interested in joining a collaborative, fast paced environment focused on innovation, we invite you to apply. Successful candidates will have excellent skills programming and operating CNC Machine Tools, a deep understanding of the metalworking industry and the ability to transfer and share this knowledge with others.
Mebane, NC. Relocation assistance will be considered for the right candidate.
Part of the Training and Center team, this role is responsible for supporting customer projects, programming, set-up and operation of CNC machine tools and metalworking equipment for the purposes of, demonstrations and metal cutting machining projects for our customers and stakeholders.
In this role you would be responsible for:
- Safety first. Proactively focus on safe practices and help maintain an active safety plan for the Sandvik Coromant Center and its equipment
- Support and drive technical activities in the Aerospace Center
- Actively promoting and supporting the utilization of the Sandvik Coromant Center and its resources and equipment
- Promoting and executing customer machining projects on Sandvik Coromant Center equipment
- Participate in pre-sales activities to include analyzing customer’s technical needs and feasibility of projects.
- Participate post-sales activities to include resolving implementation problems and support training at center or at customer site
- Operating and maintaining the Sandvik Coromant Center equipment to include machine tools and other ancillary equipment
- Develops test applications used for in-house testing, including customer-specific components and representative features/components
- Participating in open house events, showroom presentations and facility tours
- Researching and meeting with hardware, software, and systems engineers to ensure that products and services are supported, configured, and installed as per the needs in the Center
- Actively supporting best practice sharing related to our resources to include tooling application, part processing, metal cutting machining, and CAM solutions
- Maintaining direct contact with sales, customers, and strategic partners as necessary to ensure effective levels of communication
- Procuring material, tooling, and part fixturing as needed to support all Center activities
- Producing CAM/CNC programs as needed to support customer projects, training classes, and tool testing
Your background and profile
- A minimum of Diploma/Degree from a 2-year Technical College/Trade School or equivalent
- A minimum of 5yrs of relevant experience in programming, set-up and operation of CNC metal cutting machines and equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, CAD /CAM applications, social media, and digital tools
- Capability to actively participate in training classes and present to small groups
- Ability to program CNC equipment at the machine control
- Proven experience in metal cutting applications, machining processes and part processing
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a matrix organization
- Willingness to actively promote Sandvik Coromant tooling and services
- Ability to process components from manufacturing drawings, read Blueprints and understand Geometric Tolerancing
- Good organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and are customer focused
- Advanced application knowledge and experience in metal cutting within the aerospace industry on key aerospace components
- Fluent in English – verbal & written
- Ability / willingness to travel up to 20%
- To comply with export control and ITAR individual must be a US citizen or have a green card
At Sandvik Coromant, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. Visit us at www.sandvik.com
Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, & a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
Interested in joining our team, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to apply to the Machine Application Engineer (Aerospace) position, Job Requisition #R0028895.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Jul 1