Battery Asset Manager
- Deadline: 20 May
- Country: Canada
- Location: Lively, Ontario, British Columbia, Manitoba, Mississauga, Ontario, Val-d´Or, Quebec
- Job-ID: R0026838
- Job category: Product Management
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking a
Battery Asset Manager
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Currently we are seeking a Battery Asset Manager to drive the BaaS (Battery as a Service) program, including methodology for data collection, billing identification, health tracking , rate structure to optimize learnings and reduce risk, recommendations and life cycle planning. The incumbent will also be tasked with refining the BaaS program to reduce risk and optimize customer value through maximum understanding of energy use and duty cycle histories.
- Manage, and establish the roadmap for all important parameters relating to optimum battery health and financial performance
- Be a champion for practical solutions for projects and operations, leveraging our existing foundation of global best practices and act as the Sales Area technical lead to answer sales and field technical questions
- Manage the battery data by ensuring all are logged and tracked by serial number (including the modules, cells, and all other important data)
- Drill down to module level and track serial numbers, locations, build specs, any latest product updates, mandatory changes, cycle performance, energy in/out, temperatures
- Utilize obtained history tracking to ensure action is taken (or recommended) to optimize battery life
- Track certain required actions per battery (i.e. deep charge balance) and ensure required actions are executed to collect data
- Track all active modules in Canada (customer owned, Sandvik BaaS owned, and stock)
- Identify opportunities to help extend the life of batteries
- Manage the life cycle of batteries
- Develop end of life strategies in life cycle (recycle, second use, etc.)
- Drive safety focus in all aspects relating to batteries including safe workshop protocols
- Passionate about sustainability and new technology (battery electric drive system focus)
Environmental Health and Safety
- Adhere to the Sandvik Environmental, Health & Safety policy.
- Attend Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings.
- Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Identification and reporting of hazards when relevant
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task.
- Preferred Degree in Engineering-Mining, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Process Engineering or ability to demonstrate acquired skills through other means
- Preferred to have relevant experience in the design and development of electronic and electrical products and or battery management systems
- Strong technical aptitude and thorough understanding of all aspects of battery / module status and health trends
- Proven ability to write code and to manipulate data and /or master software
- Strong planning, analytical skills with the ability to recommend effective solutions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational skills with high accuracy and attention to detail
- A self-motivated team player with a strong relationship building capacity and experience working with diverse cross functional groups
- Driven to optimize this program and focus on batteries with minimal direction and guidance.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits and ongoing development and training.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Battery Asset Manager job opening #R0026838. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: 20 May