Performance Driller and Trainer
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Alachua, Florida
- Job-ID: R0026231
- Job category: Product Management
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Performance Driller and Trainer
Are you a Performance Driller and Trainer who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Performance Driller and Training experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
We are looking for an experienced blasthole drill operator trainer to develop, design, and deploy operational training with a focus on the performance aspects of Sandvik Rotary drills. The ideal candidate will take an active role in developing trust with end-users through implementation of improved efficiencies in their drill and blasting operation, while focusing on reducing downtime and costs.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced surface mine driller who takes pride in the safe and efficient operation of production mining equipment. They will be training drill operation on Sandvik Rotary drills in open pit surface mines around the globe, and at the manufacturing facility in Alachua, Florida. They will also strive to strengthen the relationship between Sandvik and the end-user of Sandvik Rotary drill products.
Additionally, the Performance Driller and Trainer will:
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving, and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Practice and promote safety in such way as including but not limited to; assessing risks before starting tasks, only performing authorized activities, and utilizing appropriate PPE.
- Assist with identifying, developing, and implementing future training improvements.
- Conduct training needs assessments.
- Identify, address, and analyze competency gaps and create training programs to resolve competency gaps/deficiencies as needed.
- Designs and applies assessment tools to measure training effectiveness.
- Provide customized on-site and/or classroom training for drill operators and mine operation supervisors.
- Provide constructive feedback and coaching to trainees.
- Identify varying ground conditions and adapt operational training to maximize penetration rates and minimize drilling cost per foot and wear on bit.
- Conduct audits of drill operators and mine site drilling and blasting operations.
- Make recommendations on how end-users can improve the safety and efficiency of their drilling and blasting operation.
- Benchmarking drilling performance metrics to industry best practices, typically measuring quality, time, and cost.
- Demonstrating Sandvik drills during trial periods.
- Constantly seeking to improve drilling efficiencies; i.e. optimizing drill settings and rock tools for greatest performance and reducing costs.
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS system (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continued improvements
You possess 10+ years production blasthole drilling with both rotary and DTH applications; top hammer is a plus. In addition, 5+ years delivering blasthole drill rig operational training in a surface mining operation.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Performance Driller and Trainer position, Job Req. ID # R0026231.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set