- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Smyrna, Georgia
- Job-ID: R0024392
- Job category: Product Management
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is looking for a
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Product Specialist.
Key performance areas
The Product Specialist is responsible for the product line’s representation in the Region. The role provides the link between the Business Line and sales team (or dealer) and their customers.
The role is product focused and concentrates on providing guidance and advice on the implementation of selling strategies for the product range to ALL regional customer segments, based on needs (as opposed to where the role is located). Product specifications, selection and its application lie with this role. This specialization can occur by geography or by product / model.
Location – Flexible in geographic area : States east of and to include MN, IA, MO, AR, OK.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Business Growth and Development
- Provides sales support (may include providing leads, assisting on sales calls, making presentations, providing training, providing competitive intelligence, etc…) to Account Managers and Sales Representatives.
- Creates business development plans and targets for the product range in collaboration with the Business Line Manager and the regional Sales Manager. This will include the introduction of new products into the market.
- Provides significant input into strategic plans for the continued expansion of the product line for all relevant within the region.
- Coordinates data from the market for analysis, research and design engineering for the successful development of new product offerings.
- Participates in the team to develop and implement plans and actions in accordance with global and regional initiatives and guidelines
- Assists with management and control of expenses within budget.
- Provides training and education on the product range, assisting with the compilation of tender documentation, pricing strategies, and the supply of marketing material to support sales efforts.
- Visits key customers in conjunction with the sales team to provide in depth product knowledge. This will include development of direct customer relationships with key clients and to help the aftermarket teams to trouble shoot technical problems.
- Coordinates and reviews information, ensuring that product performance levels and specifications meet customer requirements.
- Develops and organizes product training for sales and service personnel for the respective products.
- Stays current on industry developments, competitive offerings and issues affecting sales and customers.
- Provides on-going regional feedback. This may include playing a proactive role in the International Offering Team that discusses the global customer needs of the future.
- Monitor test results for new products to implement improvement of the product
- Coordinate promotional and marketing material in conjunction with the Marketing.
Safety and Environment
- Complies with safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits.
- Strives to find safer ways for customers to work with Sandvik’s products.
- Personal Leadership
- Ensures that all activities are carried out tin accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Takes Responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills.
- Proactively ensures community involvement within the area of responsibility.
You possess an Associate’s Degree (or two year college diploma) in engineering, technical or business field. Candidate should possess 10 years industry related experience.
- Strong customer service focus
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Detail orientation
- Ability to assess and manage business risk
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Product Specialist position, Job Req. ID# R0024392.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set