Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for
Are you a Technical Trainer who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Technical Trainer experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
The Technical Trainer will develop materials and train Rotary drill assembly, maintenance, testing of components, and machine systems. He/she will ensure that all trained employees are performing their job duties correctly in compliance with all Company policies and procedures, meeting quality and productivity expectations and create engaging learning activities including compelling course content that optimizes learning as well as enhances retention and transfer of knowledge/skills.
Additionally, the Technical Trainer will be responsible for:
- Organize and develop training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids and other educational materials.
- Conduct technical training sessions on standard operating procedures.
- Assist with identifying, developing, and implementing future training improvements.
- Conduct training needs assessment.
- Develop and maintain training/competency matrices.
- Identify, address and analyze competency gaps and create training programs to resolve competency gaps/deficiencies as needed.
- Designs and applies assessment tools to measure training effectiveness.
- Provide constructive feedback and coaching to employees.
- Perform hands-on execution of manufacturing operations to support production schedule as needed.
- Set-up and maintain both theoretical and practical training areas including a focus on learner safety.
- Special projects as assigned.
The Technical Trainer will have 3+ years creating, maintaining and delivering instructor-led content on technical products to audiences with a range of technical experience including virtual classroom tools and learning management systems. 3+ years Adobe Macromedia Flash, animation design or e-learning design tools is a plus. Ability to simplify complex concepts and processes for learners, making them clear, understandable, engaging and memorable. Ability and interest in building partnerships and collaborate across functions and levels to gather content from subject matter experts.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Technical Trainer position, Job Req. ID # R0024061.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set