Technical Service Desk Representative
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Alachua, Florida
- Job-ID: R0021427
- Job category: Product Management
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Technical Service Desk Specialist
Are you a Technical Service Desk Specialist who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have spare part setup, parts issue support and strategic stocking advice, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
The Technical Service Desk Specialist provides spare part setup, parts issue support and strategic stocking advice. Recommend Spare lists, Predictive Operating cost models for new product development, SKR’s for the logistics business, frontline service and sales organization.
Additionally, the Technical Service Desk specialist will:
- Ensure personal safety at all times, report all unsafe acts and hazards. Commit to a safe working environment and participate in the SMC safety management program.
- Ensure that all necessary parts are set up and available within SMC Logistics.
- Participate in the creation of NPD RSPL lists and setup of all field replaceable newly created items into the Global Item Master. Creation of a Cat D Stocking request with a recommended key stockroom for SMCL and follow through on stocking parts in the global warehousing system. Provide initial recommended spares lists for the unit into a country/region with stock quantities, max/min and reorder points.
- Update recommended spares list, stock requirement and liaise with the inventory group to action any changes in stock due to changes in specifications.
- Provide stock recommendations based on Regional forecasts to regions, sales companies, SMC Logistics and customers and report abnormal parts usages.
- Ensure critical/major components are in stock to support rigs.
- Forecast to ensure relevant information is gathered to meet short and midterm requirements.
- Manage stock and develop strategies to reduce and/or eliminate OSMI.
- Participate on the Global Pricing Team to make recommendations on GLP for Surface Mining Equipment.
- Send pricing requests to SMC Pricing Team. Play key role in NPD projects and assist in developing safe, reliable and cost-effective products.
You possess a high level of initiative, drive and determination to achieve goals and targets. College degree or equivalent work experience required.
You also possess:
- High level of computer competence in database, Microsoft suite.
- Strong emphasis on time management and attention to detail.
- Problem solver with sound decision making capabilities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed listening and meeting skills.
- Customer Focus
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://intranet.sandvik.com/employmentcareer/careerandvacancies/job_opportunities/Pages/default.aspx to the Technical Service Desk Specialist position, Job Req. ID # R0021427.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set