Parts Inventory Planning Process Manager
- Deadline: 26 Oct
- Country: Ireland
- Location: Dublin
- Job-ID: R0004385
- Job category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Sandvik Mining and Construction (‘SMC’) Logistics Limited is looking for a Parts Inventory Planning Process Manager
ANALYTICAL AND A PROBLEM SOLVER?
WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU
About Sandvik Group
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We have world – leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems. The group has 43,000 employees and representation in approximately 130 countries, with sales of 91 billion SEK in financial year 2017.
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best solution for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best solution for you tomorrow. Our proactive career planning ensures that your performance is recognised and offers various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
About Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology, a Business Area of Sandvik Group, is one of the world’s leading providers of equipment and solutions for mineral-exploration, surface and underground mining, bulk-materials handling and environmental restoration. We also offer solutions for many applications in the construction industry, including surface rock excavation, tunneling, demolition, recycling and road rehabilitation. Our range of products includes rock tools, drilling rigs, loaders and trucks, crushing and screening machinery and bulk-materials handling systems. In 2017, Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology had sales of approximately SEK37 billion from continuing operations.
About SMC Logistics
SMC Logistics Ltd supports product areas within business area Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) with activity related to distribution of aftermarket parts and rock tools. SMC Logistics manages 23 warehouses across 13 countries. In 2017, turnover of SMC Logistics was €1.2 billion. SMC Logistics would like to recruit a Parts Inventory Planning Process Manager on a permanent basis.
Sandvik Mining & Construction Logistics in Dublin, Ireland is seeking a
Parts Inventory Planning Process Manager
Are you a self-directed, highly organized, problem-solver? If so, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology has an engaging career opportunity for you!
Key performance areas:
In this position, you will be responsible all global parts planning (Demand Planning and Inventory Planning), inventory replenishment and resulting parts stock holdings and service levels for hubs. This includes global inventory process design/enhancement, implementation and monitoring. Conducts and/or oversees strategic supply chain analysis. You will be responsible for Identifying and recommending opportunities for improving efficiency, effectiveness and capabilities of the supply chain. Developing and implementing supply chain designs, models, strategies and/or processes to improve the business.
Key responsibilities include:
BA/PA Belonging: BA SMART PA Parts & Serv.
- Global for processes
- SMCL for demand and inventory planning and inventory replenishment
- Function FTE: 12
Parts Inventory Planning
- Determine adequate stock assortment strategies, policies and associated service levels to support the global PA targets and for recommending improvements to current Supply Chain Planning WoW
- Analyse, recommend and implement changes to Demand and Inventory planning parameters based on agreed commercial strategy, target stock holding and service levels.
- Collect, identify and prioritize process and IT improvement opportunities related to inventory planning.
- Responsible for deploying IMS to the network and ensuring adequate training to all key users.
- Manage monthly Demand Planning process execution and lead pilot S&OP process
- Manage day-to-day replenishment between hubs
- Manage inventory redeployments between hubs
- Supervise stock optimization activities: scrapping, redistribution between hubs, sell-back to PU, other initiatives (DASH…)
Inventory Process Development & Monitoring
- Responsible for reviewing, developing and monitoring global processes for global parts inventory operations (SMCL and sales areas)
- Current processes include Demand & Inventory Planning, S&OP, Strategic Stock, Supersession, Scrapping, Sell-back to suppliers, SMCL return
- Manage system improvements and liaise with IT to coordinate developments. Systems in scope are S21 DI, Aurora, Voyager, Qlikview, Strategic Stock Tool
- Supervise the documentation of inventory related processes (including process description, user guides, intranet…)
- Work with other Logistics process owners to improve global logistics processes having dependencies with parts inventory
- Support Logistics Transformation global projects implementation
- Develop ad hoc analysis for BC function and VP logistics services
- Identify improvement opportunities and provide recommendations to global
- Advanced degree and /or diploma with the Supply chain area
- Minimum 5 year’s management experience (management of a team of people at international locations and be able to influence within a leadership team) and Minimum 8 years working experience.
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain Management, and minimum 3-year experience leading a Parts planning function.
- Good knowledge of Aftermarket business and/or Mining business.
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems and standard Software (Microsoft Office/ Qlikview / PDM etc.).
- Very good analytics
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good general business acumen.
The location for this position will preferably be Dublin
Applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland and the EU or hold a valid permit to work.
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Employee Self Service Workday portal ref: R0004385. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact HRIreland@Sandvik.com 1 800 806 165.
Closing date: 26th October 2018
Deadline: 26 Oct