Motor Shop Technician
InRock in Houston, TX is looking for a
Mud Motor Shop Technician
InRock, part of Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT), is a leader in supplying pilot hole bits, reamers, guidance systems, accessories and service for the premium maxi rig sector of horizontal directional drilling (HHD) operations in North America. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
We are one of the largest HDD (Horizontal Directional Drilling) tooling providers in the world headquartered in Houston, TX. We are now looking for a Mud Motor Shop Technician to join our Operations based out of Houston, TX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete servicing of mud motors returning from the field and follow established re-stocking procedures
- Provide any input necessary to supervisor in order to increase assembly/disassembly efficiency, tool reliability, and reduce repair costs
- Ability to operate break-out machine, overhead crane, forklift and other related equipment
- Assist with receiving new motor parts and follow established stocking procedures
- Assist with loading/unloading of trucks
- Perform general shop duties; cleaning, stocking inventory, minor repairs to shop related equipment.
- Available to work weekends, holidays and during non-office hours as necessary
- Service and assembly of drilling air hammers and air hammer components.
- Adhere to EHS procedures and guidelines.
- Oversee performance of general shop duties as needed
Required Qualifications and profile
- 2+ year(s) experience servicing mud motors
- 2+ year(s) experience operating make-up/break-out machine
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license and clean motor vehicle record
- Ability to use heat torch and other hand tools
- Ability to operate a forklift and crane
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to grasp and hold hand tools and other types of equipment
- No air conditioning
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily during a 90-day probationary period. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
At InRock, we believe diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers, and we are looking forward to meeting you!
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Mud Motor Shop Technician position, Job Req. ID#R0051816.
InRock is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. InRock also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set