Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Rock Tools Technician
Location: Nunavut (2-week rotation, Fly-in/Fly-out)
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently, we have an opening for a Rock Tools Technician. The Rock Tools Technician is an entry-level position responsible for supporting the rock tools contracts by providing guidance in correct usage of tools, as well as the management and distribution of products. This “no experience necessary” role is the starting point to an exciting career into the mining industry.
Are you customer-focused and willing to develop new skills to advance? Do you have very little experience, but want to start a career in the mining industry? We want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Manage rock tools inventory and track all new issues, discards and losses.
- Repair and maintain rock tools to defined specifications.
- Deliver rock tools products to the customer.
- Utilize Rock Tools Management System to monitor and report on the tools’ performance.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical recommendations and improvements to the Supervisor and Sandvik Sales and Service Representatives.
- Report occurrences that may indicate improper usage or selection by operators.
- Complete accurate time records, technical reports and failure reports.
- Build sound relationships with the rock tools team as well as internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Environmental Health and Safety
- Comply with safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses. Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Maintain hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation.
- Maintain orderly work area and ensure housekeeping requirements are met.
- Attend Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task.
What you will bring along
- Completion of Secondary School (High school).
- Knowledge and/or experience with industry-specific equipment (mining or construction) would be an asset.
- Previous knowledge and/or experience with Sandvik products would be an asset.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative.
- Ability to work with Outlook and Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Ability and willingness to work varied shifts (as required).
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Rock Tools Technician position, requisition # R0051761; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace, and we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations or gender identities/expressions.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs; therefore, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact commonHR.email@example.com for more information.
Deadline: Not set