Industrial Assembler III
Sandvik Mining in Alachua, FL is looking for an Industrial Assembler III
If you have a strong mechanical or electrical background and experience working with heavy mobile equipment, Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions welcomes you to consider this fantastic Industrial Assembler III.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
As the Industrial Assembler III, you will assemble large and heavy parts to complete sub-assemblies and drilling rigs using hand tools, power tools, and other specialized equipment. You will be expected to perform a variety of specialized assembly operations including electrical, welding, and/or mechanical.
Additionally, the Industrial Assembler III will:
- Assemble components using power and hand tools
- Check specification sheet to determine required assembly and special options
- Interpret prints and electrical schematics for the assembly, wiring, and troubleshooting of machine specific electrical systems
- Weld specified parts in the proper locations
- Check power and hand tools for correct operation
- Ensure connections for correct fit, fastening parts, and sub-assemblies per customer specifications
- Resolve assembly problems and/or reports to Team Leader for assistance
- Check stock bins for adequate supplies of sub-assemblies, parts, and fasteners, and contact the warehouse Team Leader if shortages exist or incorrect parts are in bins
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in accordance with company policies and procedures
The Industrial Assembler III will work the 6:30am to 3:00pm shift (with the potential for overtime).
The Industrial Assembler III:
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED
- Have at least 3 years of product-related experience or heavy mobile equipment experience with a strong mechanical and electrical background
- A willingness to work overtime and shift work as needed
- Possesses the ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik.com/career to the Industrial Assembler II position, Job# R0050037
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRsupport.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set