Geometric Grinding Specialist
Sandvik Coromant In Westminster, SC Is Looking For A
CNC GRIND SPECIALIST
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year-old global industrial group Sandvik.
At Sandvik we are dedicated, diligent and we believe in our company and its values. Our belief is that knowledge grown when it is shared and when we work together with our customers, both parties have more chances to achieve success.
Key performance areas
Set-up, program, and/or operate various semi-complex CNC grinding equipment used in the manufacturing of round tools according to blueprint specifications and standard operating procedures.
Additionally, the CNC Grind Specialist will:
- Maintain product specifications by utilizing the appropriate inspection equipment as required.
- Be responsible for achieving established cycle time efficiencies and machine utilization.
- Complete all job-related documentation and input all required data into appropriate company information systems.
- Perform primary maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Assist engineers and/or maintenance group in performing major repairs as required.
- Adhere to all aspects of the Quality Management System.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of assigned area(s) and observe company policies.
- Perform other tasks assigned by Manager.
The CNC Grind Specialist will possess a High School Diploma and/or equivalent education.
2 or more years of experience working with CNC machines in a mechanical or process industry preferred.
Additionally, the CNC Grind Specialist shall:
- Possess strong attention to details with a strong visual perception.
- Be capable of reading blueprints drawing.
- Be proficient in the use of various measuring gauges and equipment.
- Possess knowledge of 5S and lean manufacturing.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at Sandvik careers-job # R0049384 to the GEOMETRIC CNC GRIND MACHINIST- 2nd Shift position.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Apr 26