DSI - Sturgeon Falls, ON Industrial Electrician
- Performing maintenance, repair and troubleshooting duties on electrical systems, instrumentation and controls, and electronics
- Performing mechanical duties related to instrumentation and controls
- Performing scheduled maintenance inspections and repairs of production and packaging equipment.
- Performing emergency/unscheduled repairs of production and packaging equipment
- Reading and interpreting equipment manuals, engineering drawings, wiring and circuit diagrams, schematics, logic prints, work orders and other information sources to perform required maintenance and servicing
- Preparing preventative maintenance schedules
- Performing other related duties as required.
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Grade 12 Diploma or GED
- Journeyman Electrician’s Certificate
- Electronics Technology Diploma (preferred)
- PLC’s knowledge would be considered an asset
- Legal entitlement to work in Canada
- 2-3 years’ experience troubleshooting in an industrial environment and previous experience in a production or manufacturing facility
- In-depth knowledge of electronics and electrical equipment
- Familiarity with hydraulics and pneumatics
- Ability to communicate effectively using the spoken word in English
- Understanding of common workplace safety and environment practices
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Ability to work shift work and meet attendance/punctuality requirements
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and take responsibility for work performed and duties carried out.
- Physical ability to continually handle objects weighing up to 20 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
Extended Health Care & Dental Benefits, Life, AD&D & Travel Insurance after 30 days
Employer Contribution Pension Plan after 1 year
Work Boot and Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance after 6 months
To apply, please send your resume with the cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate in a separate covering letter how your skills, knowledge and experience relate to the qualifications listed above.
DSI welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: Not set