DSI - Saskatoon, SK - Millwright
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and repair all manufacturing equipment timely.
- Perform root-cause analysis and make recommendations to improve equipment reliability and increase capacities.
- Perform scheduled maintenance inspections and regular preventative maintenance of all manufacturing equipment.
- Commission new equipment.
- Design, assemble and/or fabricate equipment to improve manufacturing processes.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed to ensure the highest levels of customer service.
- Work well in a team environment to solve problems and drive continuous improvement.
Qualification and Requirements:
- A variety of hands on experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with various methods of metal fabrication including welding, cutting, bending and machining.
- Strong aptitude towards mechanical problem solving.
- Experience with hydraulics and pneumatics would be considered an asset.
- Experience working with automated processes including troubleshooting PLC’s, hydraulic and pneumatic motion control, as well as 6-axis robots would be considered an asset.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to perform independently in a fast pace environment with little supervision.
- Works well with others
This experience could be obtained through:
- A Journeyperson / Millwright designation. (Not required, but considered an asset)
- A hands-on Mechanical Engineering Technologist with strong mechanical aptitude.
- A hands-on Journeyperson Electrician with a strong mechanical aptitude.
- An unaccredited experienced maintenance individual with at least 10 years working in a maintenance position for a manufacturing company.
- Work Boot and Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance
- 3 weeks vacation
- Pension Plan
- Competitive Wages
- On site parking
To apply, please send your resume with the cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate in a separate covering letter how your skills, knowledge and experience relate to the qualifications listed above.
DSI welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Deadline: Not set