Walter Tools is seeking a
Location: Edmonton, AB
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently we have an opening for a Tool Coordinator. The Tool Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the implementation and management of holistic Tool Management Processes at customer sites including the tool preparation, tool data usage optimization and tool life tracking.
Are you interested in developing a career in Tool Management Processes? We want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Following of the processes on a daily basis on the shop floor
- Continuous follow-up of the agreed KPIs
- Follow-up of tool life and triggering of appropriate countermeasures
- Use on-site pre-setters and the respective presetting operations as well as the internal logistics
- Loading of the tools in the appropriate storage units
- Procurement of the tools in a right balance between stock availability and capital efficiency
- Assist in planning of the tool demand for the customer based on customer Forecasts and historical tool consumption data under consideration of delivery times etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Environmental Health and Safety
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- Technical Degree or Diploma in a related field
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a related field
- Technical understanding of tools and their functionality
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective time management and high attention to detail
- Communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Reliable and independent working style with the ambition to deliver highest working and quality standards
- Open to continuous learning and improvement
- Focus on delivering results and continuous optimization of processes
- Fundamental understanding of relevant IT systems.
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Tool Coordinator, requisition R0046869. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Dec 19