Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Location: Winnipeg, MB
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Are you someone thrives in a fast-paced environment? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Production Assembler is responsible for assembly, testing and repair of mechanical and electrical aspects of equipment and components according to defined specifications. The Production Assembler will assemble large and heavy parts to complete subassemblies and drilling rigs using hand tools, power tools, and other specialized equipment.
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Checks specification sheet to determine required assembly and special options.
- Checks stock bins for adequate supplies of sub-assemblies, parts, and fasteners. Contacts Warehouse Team Leader if shortages exist or incorrect parts are in bins.
- Checks power and hand tools for correct operation.
- Assembles components using power and hand tools.
- Ensures connections for correct fit, fastening parts, and sub-assemblies per customer specifications.
- Resolves assembly problems and/or reports to Team Leader for assistance.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned by Team Leader or Supervisor.
Environmental Health and Safety
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in production assembly is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience reading engineering drawings.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Works well in a team environment or independently.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to Production Assembler, requisition R0046358. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Nov 1