Operations Field Support
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Operations Field Support – Cobar
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, the Sandvik Group had approximately 37,000 employees in more than 160 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are seeking motivated, and customer focused individuals for the role of Operations Field Support. The role is based at our client mine site and will see you engaged in direct customer service and Rock tools (ROTO) operational/coordination activities through Cobar.
Our staff provide you with comprehensive training to set you up to succeed. This presents you the opportunity to learn and apply Sandvik specific knowledge and services in support of mining customers.
In turn, potential career opportunities include promotion to higher operations levels, or career paths to other roles such as sales, service, supervisory or management positions.
This is a residential role; you must live in Cobar.
Areas of responsibility
- Managing drilling consumables inventories to underground drill sites
- Undertaking daily deliveries (a valid driver’s license is required) and stock replenishment to sites (underground and surface)
- Analyzing and reporting on drilling consumable performance, condition, and failures
- Positively engaging with our client’s mining operators
- Sorting, gauging, reconditioning, and coding drill bits
- Minor repairs and reconditioning of drill rods
- Timely data entry and record keeping
- Police Clearance upon application.
- Ability to safely lift a minimum of 40kgs.
- Fitness / Capacity for work assessment (employment medicals arranged by Sandvik required), including a Drug & Alcohol test.
- High Customer focus and positive service orientation and attitude
- Able to perform independently and in teams.
- Adaptable and resilient.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- Options of 10.5% or 12.5% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0448 044 698
Deadline: Oct 2