Rock Tools Technician
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Rock Tools Technician
Location: Matachewan, ON
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently, we have an opening for a Rock Tools Technician. The Rock Tools Technician is an entry level position responsible for supporting the rock tools contracts by providing guidance in correct usage of tools, management and distribution of products. This “no experience necessary” role is the starting point to an exciting career into the mining industry.
Are you customer focused and willing to develop new skills to advance? Do you have very little experience but want to start a career in the mining industry? We want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Manages rock tool inventory and tracks all new issues, discards and losses
- Delivers tools to all drills and work areas underground
- Utilizes Rock Tools Management System to monitor and report on the tools performance
- Troubleshoots and provides technical recommendations and improvements to the Supervisor and Sandvik Sales and Service Representatives
- Reports occurrences that may indicate improper usage or selection by operators
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports and failure reports
- Performs daily/weekly stock counts
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Environmental Health and Safety
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- Completion of Secondary School (High school)
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Detail oriented
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to work with Outlook and Microsoft Office
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our Divisions’ performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Rock Tools Technician, requisition R0044915. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Aug 30