Grind Operator II
Sandvik Coromant In Westminster, SC Is Looking For A
GRIND OPERATOR II
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year-old global industrial group Sandvik.
At Sandvik we are dedicated, diligent and we believe in our company and its values. Our belief is that knowledge grown when it is shared and when we work together with our customers, both parties have more chances to achieve success.
Key performance areas
Setup and operate robotized top and bottom grinding, ER, and ELB equipment. Perform necessary quality checks to verify compliance to blueprint specifications; up to and including the use of process specific measuring devices.
Additionally, the Grind Operator II will:
- Select appropriate job according to shop floor control system or as directed by leader.
- Perform setup using appropriate work instructions, blueprints, and other specifications, including the development and adjustment of simplistic CNC programs.
- Perform adjustment to machine parameters as trained including necessary robot calibrations.
- Verify capability of process utilizing SPC or other control methods, with process specific measuring devices such as the roll-er and per system.
- Verify process is meeting all optical criteria.
- Ensure process is running to defined levels of efficiency and utilization.
- Assume initiative to continually improve the process with assistance from peers, supervision, and engineers.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and tooling as required, including maintaining and assessing tooling requirements.
- Perform job in accordance with all safety and environmental requirements.
- Proactively develop an atmosphere to promote and maintain an attitude of teamwork and fair play both within the team workgroup and other processes, including other departments.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of assigned area(s)
- Perform other tasks as assigned by manager.
- High attention to details with a strong visual perception.
- Experienced in the use of various measuring gauges and equipment.
- Knowledge of 5S and lean manufacturing preferred.
- 2 years’ experience working with CNC machines in a mechanical or process industry preferred.
High School Diploma.
This position is for weekend Night shift (Friday, Saturday, Sunday- 12 hours)
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at Sandvik careers-job # R0044546 to the GRIND OPERATOR II position.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Sep 8