Sandvik Coromant In Westminster, SC Is Looking For A
ROUND TOOLS CNC MACHINIST
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year-old global industrial group Sandvik.
At Sandvik we are dedicated, diligent and we believe in our company and its values. Our belief is that knowledge grown when it is shared and when we work together with our customers, both parties have more chances to achieve success.
Key performance areas
Set-up and/or operate various semi-complex to complex CNC Tool Grinding equipment used in the manufacturing of Roundtools. The requirement is to setup/operate all equipment needed to recondition a drill according to print and standard operating procedures. This position can also include performing the same basic functions to produce inserts as well as Round Tools.
Additionally, the Round Tools CNC Machinist will:
- Ability to program, set-up, adjust, and operate CNC grinding machines to blueprint specifications.
- Maintain product specifications by utilizing the appropriate inspection equipment as required.
- Responsible for achieving established cycle time efficiencies and machine utilization.
- Complete all job-related documentation and input all required data into appropriate company information systems.
- Perform primary maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Assist engineers and/or maintenance group in performing major repairs as required.
- Adhere to all aspects of the Quality Management System.
- Always maintain orderliness and cleanliness of assigned area(s) and observe company policies.
- Perform other tasks assigned by Manager.
- High attention to details with a strong visual perception.
- Ability to read drawing blueprints and be detail oriented.
- Experienced in the use of various measuring gauges and equipment.
- Knowledge of 5S and lean manufacturing preferred.
- 2 years’ experience working with CNC machines in a mechanical or process industry preferred.
High School Diploma.
This position is for 2nd shift
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at Sandvik careers-job # R0044441 to the Round Tools CNC Machinist position.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Sep 8