Location: Zimplats (Ngezi)
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Contract Manager will be responsible for partnering with all relevant stakeholders on challenges regarding safety, reliability, and productivity through best practices (e.g., maintenance scheduling, parts planning, equipment health checks, technical training) on all operational activities at the assigned contract location.
Key Performance Areas:
The following shall predominantly be among the core responsibilities for the role.
- Ensuring achievement of high equipment availability, reliability and productivity through improved maintenance and operation practices and ultimately reduce the equipment total cost of ownership.
- Improving MTBF (Mean Time Before Failure) and/or reduced MTTR (Mean Time to Repair), by supporting the Maintenance Scheduling, Parts Selection and Inventory Forecasting, Technical Coaching and Training, Equipment Health Checks.
- Developing critical reports to aid strategic decision making, (e.g. equipment performance, damage reporting, training reporting) and to hold review meetings to communicate successes and identify opportunities in which additional stakeholder value in reliability, productivity and sustainability can be achieved.
- Interacting with the customer and providing solutions to the customer with regards to product cost and performance with a focus on reliability.
- Developing and naturing customer relationships that ensure customers to remain loyal to the Sandvik brand.
- Resolving conflicts between customers and Sandvik directly or by involving other Sandvik personnel.
- Analyzing, planning, and updating safety, reliability, and productivity support tasks.
- Interpreting internal and external data and formulating continuous improvement strategies to improve overall equipment performance.
- Monitoring and controlling parts usage patterns and liaising with the inventory controllers to ensure attainment of appropriate and optimum stock levels.
- Taking full responsibility for self-development to ensure potential suitability of staff for succession into more senior positions. Facilitating a sustainable workforce by providing input into a formal succession plan using and applying the most up to date training and development methodology.
- Participating in the recruitment process of suitable staff to ultimately ensure optimal running of all operations for the respective contract.
- Supervision of the team to ensure optimal performance, including time & attendance, performance management, disciplinary processes, etc.
- Adhering to Sandvik policies and procedures, in particular Sandvik Core Values and EHS policies
- The suitable candidate is expected to have a relevant trade or qualification (Degree in Engineering / Automotive Engineering), a Master’s in Automotive engineering would be an added advantage, including a history in mining related operations.
- Experience in the application of underground and surface drill operations, specifically TH and DTH drilling is preferred, with operational experience being an added advantage.
- Product Specialist on the mining equipment an added advantage.
- A strong customer focus and the ability to develop solid customer relationships at an operational and management level is a requirement.
- A high level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity.
- A good and a strong communicator, displaying high levels of initiative and with an ability to work autonomously.
How to apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS), or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers, reference R0043168.
Applications close: 15 July 2022
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Deadline: Jul 15