Process Engineering Manager
Sandvik Coromant in Westminster, SC is looking for a
Process Engineering Manager
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year-old global industrial group Sandvik.
Key performance areas
Responsible to support world class production for a sustainable, profitable, and effective business. Must have Initiative to take production areas to the next level with smart solutions and continuous improvements based on the Sandvik Coromant Production System. Responsible for leading and coordinating the work to reach common business objectives and functional goals; through active work with continuous improvements, always aiming to improve quality, increase productivity, reduce lead times and costs.
Additionally, the Process Engineering Manager will:
- Continuously improve safety standards within areas, both physical safety issues & employee safety attitudes. Drive safety first as core part of work culture.
- Ensure that operations are performed in accordance with Sandvik Code of Conduct and legal standards.
- Manage, direct, and coordinate inserts engineering area activities.
- Ensure that the manufacturing processes are in line with Sandvik Coromant standards and directives.
- Responsible for optimization of machine capacity and capabilities for production in line with Sandvik Coromant supply strategies.
- Support and drive continuous improvements with key performance indicators.
- Ensure Compliance with the Quality, Safety and Environmental systems based on ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001 and all federal & state laws and regulations.
- Evaluate and continuously develop highly motivated individuals; identifying, coordinating training, and development programs as required for work area.
- Support and drive operational excellence according to Sandvik Coromant Production System principles to optimize manufacturing costs and achieving customer demands on service and quality.
- Ensure that all your team members work towards the agreed objectives and provide them with the information needed to perform their job to the best of their ability.
- Manage investment projects for future growth and strategic initiatives.
- Provide all internal customers with a world class service.
- Maintain close co-ordination and dialogue with your counterpart of other production units and global production technology inserts team.
- Develop strategy and direction for your area including a roadmap for how it should be achieved.
The Process Engineering Manager must possess a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 5 years of experience in management.
- Safety First mindset
- Engineering mindset
- Performance Management skills
- Ability to influence and promote a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Strategy and change management skills
- Knowledge of hard materials
- Lean production knowledge and experience
- Strong Leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills in English
- Collaborative and solution-oriented approach to problem solving with stakeholders
- Ability to work in global business environment with diversified cultures
- Finance capabilities, e.g., budgeting, investment planning, resource allocation
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge in various O365 apps such as PowerBI and Planner
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Dec 22