Contract Manager - Rock Tools
Contract Manager – Rock Tools
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, the Sandvik Group had approximately 37,000 employees in more than 160 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect, and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Contract Manager is responsible for the contracts management for the Pilbara Operations. This includes developing strong customer relationships at a senior level and providing the required service levels that continually demonstrate to our customers the value of Sandvik drilling consumables and services. The Contract Manager must have outstanding communication skills, be detail oriented with a superior customer service attitude.
Areas of responsibility
- Manage all EHS specific requirements for Sandvik and the customer sites
- Manage hiring, on-boarding, and training requirements for new team members
- Coordinating rosters including relief and travel requirements
- Manage purchasing for the rock tools contract and local house/accommodation
- Ensuring leases and vehicle maintenance requirements are upheld to standards
- Liaising with local service providers and community organisations
- Provide daily direction, mentorship, and technical knowledge to all direct reports to ensure high level of service, quality of work and support to key stakeholders and customers. Manage direct reports on their daily tasks and outstanding works to be completed including action plans.
- Effectively liaise and communicate regularly with key Sandvik & customer personnel at all levels of both organisations.
- Compiling and presenting to the customer, including quarterly review meetings
- Management of the drill consumable refurbishment workshop
- Responsibility for all logistic requirements such as customer stock levels, Sandvik stock levels, forecasting, stock taking, stock reconciliation and stock turns.
- Ensure the profitable control of each contracted site.
- Ensure personal and contract key point indicator targets are met including monthly and quarterly deliverables.
- Identify and develop training requirements at each site, including product related training to assist our rock tool crews (and customers) to better understand the best use of Sandvik drilling consumables
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities with the contract, including creating dedicated action plans with measurable progress KPI’s.
You will have or work towards having the relevant qualifications to work remotely on the contract sites including;
- HR License
- FL & DG High Risk Work Licenses
- COVID vaccination and boosters
You will be available to work remotely in the Pilbara region, approximately 50% or as required.
It is essential that you have experience in commercial and contract management as well as Mining / Drilling application knowledge.
The successful candidate will have a history in mining related experience. Relevant knowledge with the Sandvik product range and a trade or engineering qualification being beneficial. You will have the ability to manage multiple competing tasks where required and demonstrate exceptional time management skills.
A good understanding of the service business process with demonstrated leadership and financial management skills and the ability to lead diverse teams will be viewed favourably. A strong customer focus and the ability to develop solid internal & external relationships at an operational and management level is a requirement, and you will have a high level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity.
To perform well in this role, you will be a strong communicator, display a high level of initiative and be able to work in varied conditions. Your interpersonal skills will be highly developed including the ability to negotiate with varying levels of the business. You will have a good level of computer literacy, with highly developed time management and organisational skills. It is also essential that you have a good understanding of the health and safety regulations required for the role.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
What we offer
A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home where applicable
- Mine spec company vehicle
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 12.5% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Extensive training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
Deadline: Jul 14