Remote Monitoring Analyst
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
Position: Remote Monitoring Analyst
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect, and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik are establishing a Remote Monitoring Centre (RMC) at Milton Brisbane, with the aim to operate 24/7. The purpose of the RMC is to build a support capability across the Australia and NZ region to proactively manage and identify interventions on customer machines to improve reliability and performance, by utilising data coming from connected mining and rock technology equipment. The RMC is the link between the data analytics, the actual machine maintenance requirements, and site personnel. This is an opportunity for someone who is passionate about data analytics and wants to work in an emerging area in the mining industry and be an integral part of its development and success.
The Remote Monitoring Analyst provides customers with technical and operations-related assistance pertaining to the performance, operation, and maintenance of Loaders, Trucks and Drills on a 24-hour shift basis in the Remote Monitoring Centre (RMC).
We are seeking a motivated analytical minded team member to assist with the RMC. This will be an operational 24 hours a day position. The Remote Monitoring analyst position will be required to work scheduled shifts to support the Remote Monitoring Technician and ensure this is a continuous operational area. These hours will include holidays, weekends etc. Initially this is a Monday to Friday role with the purpose to move into the 24-hour roster in near future.
Areas of responsibility
- Proactively monitor remote site operations and provide analysis of equipment operation.
- Provide analytical support to the Remote Monitoring Technicians
- Communicate technical information to customers to support equipment reliability.
- Review customer data and provide recommendations for improvement on all policies, procedures, operations, and technical issues.
- Provide root-cause analysis and operations reports to Digital Service Agreement managers and customers upon request.
- Assist in the creation of troubleshooting documentation and root-cause analysis tools.
- Interpret and apply technical documentation, procedures, and other relevant documentation to resolve operational / reliability issues.
- Assist in presenting detailed customer-orientated information on the functions of the RMC and related software capabilities.
- Support daily meetings by supplying 24-hr synopsis of the previous day’s activity to inform the service organization of fleet issues and current projects.
- Aid Information Technologies (IT) department as necessary.
- Provide advice and support to on-site Service Technicians with reference potential machine misuse, component failure and recommended inspections.
You will be a confident user of computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Suite, Power BI etc. and have a data analytical focus outlook. To perform well in this role, you will require excellent time management skills and be extremely organized. The right candidate will have highly developed customer relationship skills, with a high level of initiative, drive and determination to achieve goals & targets set for internal and external customer satisfaction.
You will have a strong focus on safety, have a positive attitude to ensure open honest communication is engaged. Previous experience in data related roles would be an advantage.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
What we offer:
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 12.5% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0428 083 935
Deadline: Jun 30