Fire Suppression Technician
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Fire Suppression Technician – Mount ISA
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We a seeking a Fire Suppression Technician to provide product support and technical services with our Fire Suppression product. The Fire Suppression Business maintains a firm commitment to the quality objectives for the company and promotes business through exceptional customer service. As a Fire Suppression Technician, you will be required to install and maintain fire suppression systems in the workshop and in the field.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
Areas of responsibility
- Adhere to all policies & procedures especially the EHS policies
- Support technicians from other regions and assist in training;
- Perform fault diagnosis, maintain and install Fire Suppression systems;
- Work effectively either in a team environment or autonomously;
- Be highly developed in your communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to identify opportunity for business growth; and actively participate in sales activities
- Assist with machine audits/inspections;
- Internal Sandvik product accredited certification will be provided
- Basic computer literacy incl. E-mail, Microsoft Excel and Word is required
- Valid driver’s license is compulsory
Relevant trade qualifications and experience is desirable. Direct knowledge and exposure to fire suppression systems applicable to predominantly underground is a prerequisite. However, installation and service experience of Mobile Fire Suppression systems will be a distinct advantage. In addition, being accredited by the Fire Protection Association (FPA) will also be desirable.
The ideal candidate will have strong customer relation skills and the ability to effectively work within a team. You are flexible to work with customer requirements, procedures and safety policies. Further, you have a positive attitude and a high level of determination to achieve targets set for customer satisfaction.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 12.5% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0448 044 698
Deadline: Not set