Maintenance Tech / Wastewater Operator
Sandvik Coromant in Westminster, SC is looking for a
MAINTENANCE TECH / WASTEWATER OPERATOR
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year-old global industrial group Sandvik.
Key performance areas
The Maintenance Technician-Wastewater Operator is primarily responsible for the operation and maintenance of the facility's wastewater pre-treatment system. He or she is secondarily responsible for the maintenance of a wide variety of other production and utility equipment. This position will report to a team leader but must be able to make decisions about diagnosing, repairing, and adjusting operating parameters of equipment and processes. The scope of work reaches from the simplest of tasks to working with complex mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum, electrical and ventilation systems.
Additionally, the Maintenance Tech / Wastewater operator will:
- Operate and maintain facility's wastewater pre-treatment system.
- Maintain all records as required by the wastewater pre-treatment program.
- Troubleshoot and repair plant equipment and processes.
- Perform detailed preventive maintenance operations as specified.
- Accurately perform the clerical requirements of the Work Order System.
- Prepare requisitions for spare parts and required maintenance supplies as directed.
- Work from drawings, layouts, instruction manuals, sketches, or verbal instructions.
- Work with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum, and process-ventilation systems.
- Perform millwright and moving work.
- Perform pipe fitting & plumbing work to include high- and low-pressure systems.
- Operate trucks, man lifts forklifts, other powered vehicles and maintain documentation.
- Interact with internal customers and provide timely status information.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager, Supervisor, or Leader.
- Multiple Years of Experience as a Maintenance Technician And/or Wastewater Operator in an Industrial Environment is Preferred. A Two-Year Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Technology from and Accredited School Is preferred
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Level B Physical / Chemical Wastewater Operator’s License
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ apply to the Maintenance Tech / Wastewater Operator position, Job Requisition ID# R0038160.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set