Margin & Flute Lead
Key performance areas
Ensure that all machines set ups are completed on time, complete all 1st article approvals and 20-minute checklists are performed. Ensure that departmental efficiencies and production personnel efficiencies are met daily while meeting safety, Quality, and productivity requirements.
Additionally, you will:
- Create and promote a safe, healthy, and environmentally friendly atmosphere while holding all employees accountable to EH&S policies and Manufacturing and Quality requirements.
- Reduce set-up times by working with production operators and lead personal to find best practices.
- Perform routine set-ups and operate machines as needed.
- Assist in cross training for all departmental employees.
- Perform quality checks on completed jobs.
- Maintain orderly production area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Follow planned work assignments within time constrains to meet established production goal targets.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably in cutting tools/aerospace.
- Ability to read and understand cutting tool prints.
- Ability to read and understand machine schematics.
- Experience in leading production personnel.
- Must be a team player an communicate clearly to employees.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to Walk for a period of time
- Ability Stand for a period of time
- Ability to move, position, lift and stack parts weighing up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to do repetitive tasks
Regular workday consists of one shift, actual shift starts and end times subject to change at the discretion of the Production Unit Manager. Ability to work Overtime and weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday) is required as needed.
- One Location
Wetmore offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply on line at https://intranet.sandvik.com/employmentcareer/careerandvacancies/job_opportunities/Pages/default_old.aspx or contact HR Solutions US at email@example.com for the Department Lead position, Job Req. ID#
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Dec 2