Sandvik Machining Solutions in Mebane, NC is looking for a
If you have strong leadership and project management skills in a production environment, Sandvik Machining Solutions wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Machining Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global market-leading manufacturer of tools and tooling systems for advanced industrial metal cutting. Products are manufactured in cemented carbide and other hard materials such as diamond, cubic boron nitride and special ceramics.
Key performance areas
As the Production Manager, you will oversee and direct the manufacturing operations for the Mebane facility. You are expected to lead employees and shift managers to produce quality parts while continually improving the production processes while meeting or exceeding Key Indicators and Customer expectations. Develop, lead, and analyze projects, specifications, and outcomes, including return on investments to meet short-term and long-term company goals.
Additionally, the Production Manager will:
- Create and promote a safe, healthy, and environmentally friendly atmosphere while holding all employees accountable to policies and practices.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, directing, and assigning activities related to the flow of material, utilization of employees and productivity levels for production teams and supervisors in line with company financial and budgetary objectives.
- Effectively communicate production status to all levels of management and key stakeholders.
- Facilitate the communication of pertinent information with other teams, departments, functional areas, and other key stakeholders to encourage open communication.
- Develop self-directed teams that empower individuals and encourage them to learn new skills, creating a flexible workforce.
- Hire and provide training for employees and manage personnel issues relating to attendance, vacation scheduling and disciplinary action.
- Responsible for improving production processes, procedures and efficient utilization of personnel and equipment.
- Responsible for purchase of support machines, tooling, fixtures, inspection equipment and all other equipment to complete the manufacturing process necessary to produce a finished item.
- Work with other Corporate locations, department managers and employees to strengthen the “One Mebane” team vision.
The Production Manager should possess:
- At least an Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience (BS degree in engineering is preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years in a related industry, and 3 years’ supervisory experience with a focus on leading production teams in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to leverage strong leadership, communication and presentation skills to effectively collaborate with management and employees
- A strong understanding of and experience with project management
- Proficiency with Microsoft products
- Good communication and problem solving skills
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/career to the Production Manager position, JR # R0035266.
At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set