BEV Maintenance Technician
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Elko, NV or Salt Lake City, UT is looking for
BEV Maintenance Technician (Mechanical/Electrical Experience)
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
The Maintenance Technician will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain mechanical and electrical aspects of equipment and components according to defined specifications at a contract work site.
This role is expected to be based out Elko, NV or Salt Lake City UT. This will be a rotating 12 hour schedule. Every other rotation will have a switch dayshift to night shift. Site location will be Kennecott Rio Tinto (Salt Lake City, UT) or Elko, NV, as part of the BEV project team. Per Diem will be available if necessary.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Follows scopes of work within time constraints to meet equipment costs, utilization and availability targets
- Inspects equipment for accurate performance and resolves faults and malfunctions
- Adjust equipment & repair/replace defective parts components or systems accordingly
- Tests repaired equipment for accurate operational performance
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives
- Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
- Builds sound relationships with the contracts team and internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and customer happiness
Safety and Environment
- Follows SMC safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses
- Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with What We Value and current Company Policies and Procedures
- Undertakes self-training and development as the need arises
You possess a Technical certification or diploma in mechanical or electrical field. Minimum 3-5 years related experience with industry-specific equipment. Strong focus in the role for support to complete electric haul truck equipment fleet.
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to comprehend related electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Be part of a coordinated, broad team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong active listening skills
- Flexible, self-motivated with proven initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product rebuild
- Developed time management and interpersonal skills
- Digital literacy
- Ability to work varied shift schedule and travel to and from remote sites
- Capability to work in an underground environment
Sandvik offers a phenomenal catalog of benefits and employee perks such as:
- Benefits eligibility that begin 30 days after start date
- Health care eligibility that includes, medical, dental, vision, prescription and telemedicine
- Paid vacation with up to 40 hours available to roll over in to the next year
- Toolkit valued at $1500 and a yearly $500 allowance
- A very strong 401(k) retirement savings plan. We contribute 5% annual salary to the Retirement Savings plan. We also match 50% of the first 6%.
- Tuition reimbursement
In addition to these outstanding benefits, Sandvik provides all Maintenance Technicians with a company laptop and cell phone, Sandvik uniforms.
How to Apply
For consideration, please apply https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the BEV Maintenance Technician, Job Req. ID# R0035096.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set