Electronic System Technician
Sandvik Machining Solutions in Mebane, NC is looking for a
Electronic Systems Technician
If you have a strong background in PC, networked systems and are a hands-on team player, we welcome you to consider the Electronic Systems Technician role with Sandvik Machining Solutions!
Sandvik Machining Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global market-leading manufacturer of tools and tooling systems for advanced industrial metal cutting. Products are manufactured in cemented carbide and other hard materials such as diamond, cubic boron nitride and special ceramics.
Location : Mebane, NC (Production Plant Facility)
Key performance areas
As the Electronic Systems Technician, you will be responsible for the overall support of production systems in the facility, with your primary responsibility being the creation, continual development, and execution of preventative maintenance plans. You will also be responsible for quickly troubleshooting, diagnosing, and replacing or repairing damaged or defective production equipment and systems The Electronic Systems Technician will be the primary contact for follow-ups on requests for support from the IT department.
Additionally, the Electronic Systems Technician will:
- Continuously work to reduce unnecessary production downtime associated with production systems and equipment
- Plan and execute projects including, but not limited to, new equipment installations, construction projects, and support of capital/non-capital investments
- Discuss equipment and systems problems with systems manufacturers or developers
- Assist other production services team member with their tasks as needed
- Provide support during plant emergencies.
- Will maintain the work area to company housekeeping standards.
- Comply with all quality, environment, health, and safety regulations and guidelines
- You possess at least Associates Degree or Diploma from a technical college or trade school in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 4 years of personal computer (PC), networked systems, or other related IT experience with exposure to a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting, installing, repairing and maintaining IT related technologies and equipment is required.
- Proficiency in PC hardware and software commonly used operating systems (client/server), Terminal Server, DHCP and internet protocols required.
- You are a hands-on team player, with excellent problem solving and documentation skills.
The Electronic Systems Technician must also:
- Be able to read, understand, and create electrical, electronic, and system schematics/flowcharts
- Understand existing and new technology, client/server networking, routers/switches, Terminal Server, ethernet cabling, and fiber optics technology
- Demonstrate good eye-hand coordination and agility
- Be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Safely lift 50 lbs.
- Possess a valid state issued driver’s license
Experience with PLC controls, ladder logic, microprocessor-based equipment motor controls, relays, circuit breakers, machine and process controls, and circuits would be a plus.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan, bonus plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to the Electronic Systems Technician position, JO #R0034415
At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set