Sandvik Special Metals located in Kennewick, WA, seeking
Sandvik Special Metals, a production unit in the Sandvik Group, is a leader in manufacturing of seamless titanium tubing used in the aerospace and recreational markets, and zirconium tubing used in the nuclear industry. We have an immediate opening for a Mechanic I, located in Kennewick, WA.
Key Performance Areas
We are seeking candidates that are looking for career growth potential; that are dependable and safety focused, and have a strong mechanical aptitude. If that describes you - apply for Sandvik’s Manufacturing Mechanic I position!
As the Mechanic I you will perform maintenance work at the facilities, at the plant, and other maintenance related duties as assigned.
Additionally, you will:
- Service and install tools, cutting tools and clamping devices, while building new ones when needed.
- Have the ability to learn and operate various tooling equipment. (Grinders, Lathes, Roll stand bench)
- Be responsible for participating, supporting, and maintaining compliance to the company’s Quality, Environmental, and Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems, policies, procedures, programs, and activities as defined within the company’s published management system documentation.
- Participate in Lean, 5S and TPM programs
- Participate in cross-functional team meetings
- Be able to participate in continuing education training
- Handle other duties as assigned by supervisor
You possess a high school diploma or the equivalent. You have 3-5 years in Tooling, Machinist, or Millwright and 1-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus. You are not only technically savvy but you are also customer service driven and can work well in a team setting. You demonstrate the familiarity with the following; Milling machines: horizontal, vertical & jig bore, lathes: engine & table top model, grinding: surface & cylindrical, machine repair, soldering, heat treating,
Candidates should also possess:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work hands-on with specific equipment
- Ability to perform basic math and reading
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.home.sandvik/careers to apply to the Mechanic I position, JO #R0034415
Sandvik Special Metals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Deadline: Not set