Sandvik Machining Solutions in Mebane, NC is looking for a
If you have managerial experience in a manufacturing environment and want to take your career to the next level with a world leader in tooling manufacturing, we welcome you to consider the Tools Manager position with Sandvik Machining Solutions!
Sandvik Machining Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global market-leading manufacturer of tools and tooling systems for advanced industrial metal cutting. Products are manufactured in cemented carbide and other hard materials such as diamond, cubic boron nitride and special ceramics.
Key performance areas
As the Tools Manager, you will define and achieve the agreed targets related to all aspects of production with the PU manager and SMS organization. You will be responsible for establishing operational plans, goals, forecasts of operating costs and budgets. You will advise management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations. You will discuss with management, production, marketing staff and customers to determine feasibility, cost-effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products. You will be responsible for utilizing resources and keeping productivity levels in line with company financial and budgetary objectives. You will be the key link between the customer, sales and the production unit.
Additionally, the Tools Manager will:
- Directly manage salaried managers in engineering, production, order management, and CAM programming departments.
- Responsible for recruitment, talent management and development, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed safely.
- Coordinate with management personnel to establish and maintain the site and companywide quality and HSE standards.
- Responsible for conformance and duties pertaining to the ISO 9001, 14001, and OHSAS 18001 standards and site certifications, as well as the continued improvement of these areas.
- Promote and adhere to Sandvik guidelines set forth in “Fair Play and “Power of Sandvik”.
- Ensure quality, environmental, health and safety regulations/guidelines are complied with. Maintain the work area to company housekeeping standards
- A Bachelor’s Degree, and at least 5 years’ experience managing related projects and leading people in a manufacturing environment.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English
- Be adept at reading, analyzing, and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Effectively present information to subordinates, peers, and top management
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Possess a working knowledge of budgeting, reporting, and tracking processes
- Deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Be able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Possess general personnel and development knowledge, and have working knowledge of employment laws and HS&E regulatory requirements
- Candidates must be legal residents of the United States.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan, bonus plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/career to the Tools Manager position, JR #0034273.
At Sandvik Coromant, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set