Central Store Attendant
Sandvik Materials Technology in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for a
Central Store Attendant
If you are motivated and adaptable, and have a passion for excellence, with a background in operating machinery, Sandvik Materials Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D.
Key Performance Areas
· Maintain an accurate inventory level of spare parts, components, tools and supplies used by maintenance department and production shop floor.
· The Central Store Attendant is responsible for utilizing the tools and catalogs provided to accurately and efficiently stock required parts for SMT tube.
· Complete daily inventory transactions for all product used, linking them to the proper accounts and departments.
· Continuously monitor ETA’s of parts and inform the Maintenance Manager and the requestor of any delays in arrivals. Also communicate to the vendors if ETA’s are not met and update the spread sheet to reflect the new ETA.
· Identify the priority of purchasing request and manage work load so you can process high priority purchases first and balance the lower priority tasks
· Immediately act on all purchasing request based on priority.
· Compiles reports for management detailing usage and costs of inventory.
· Inventories all incoming product, updates availability list for maintenance and the production shop floor.
· Receive returned equipment, new inventory and vendor shipments, stocks the inventory in the supply room
· Prepares shipments for return to the vendor, updates inventory in the computer tracking system.
· Work in parts areas on setting up inventor levels and labeling.
· Submit requisitions for capital projects and plant services.
· Maintain necessary record keeping for the corporate purchasing card and make sure payments are made promptly.
· Maintain 5s in designated areas.
· Assist supervisor with all inventory replenishment reports and inventory related communications with the production shop floor.
· This individual is also responsible for inventory analysis and order processing.
· Customer Service: Provides excellent customer service by resolving problems promptly and accurately to service the needs of the maintenance department and shop production floor.
· Operate a forklift to locate product and inventory.
· Alert management to any discrepancies between inventory levels and assigned levels.
The Central Store Attendant should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent (Additional equivalent experience could replace a portion of the educational requirement). Previous production experience preferred but not required. 3-5 years in an inventory control/parts management environment, strong organizational skills, PC skills for inventory tracking and allocation and inventory analysis.
The Central Store Attendant should expect:
· Supply parts and materials in a manufacturing environment with moving machinery
· To use Helmet, hearing protection, metatarsal shoes/boots, eye protection
· To push/pull/carry/lift objects weighing up to approximately 70 lbs
· To work overtime when needed
· Sitting/standing/walking for long periods of time
· Long periods of concentration and attention to detail
· To react to constant change
· Stress associated with demanding timelines and changes in priorities
· Ability to perform in constantly changing, multi-cultural team environment
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401 (k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/careers for the Central Store Attendant - Clarks Summit, PA position, Job Req. ID # R0028753.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set