Sandvik Machining Solutions in Mebane, NC is looking for a
Sandvik Machining Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global market-leading manufacturer of tools and tooling systems for advanced industrial metal cutting. Products are manufactured in cemented carbide and other hard materials such as diamond, cubic boron nitride and special ceramics.
Key performance areas
- Responsible for the overall support of maintenance in the facility with primary responsibility for the installation of machinery and scheduled maintenance of production equipment and other equipment within the facility.
- Accountable for performing routine preventive maintenance based upon maintenance schedule.
- Responsible for trouble shooting, diagnosing, replacing or repairing damaged or defective equipment.
- Responsible for installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of equipment, systems and controls within the facility.
- Responsible for diagnosing problems with PLC controls, ladder logic, microprocessor-based equipment, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum and process ventilation systems.
- Identify, repair or replace damaged or defective parts on equipment.
- Prepare requisitions for spare parts and other required supplies.
- Accurately perform clerical duties as necessary for items such as work orders, spare parts and preventative maintenance.
- Maintaining the work area to company housekeeping standards.
- Required to comply with all quality, environment, health and safety regulations and guidelines.
- Provide support during plant emergencies.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years of related maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must be able to read and understand electric and mechanical circuits, wiring schematics and systems.
- Must be able to interpret machine alarms and diagnose if the problem is with the program, machinery or the operator.
- Must demonstrate good eye-hand coordination and agility.
- Must be able to operate hoists & other lifting equipment, forklifts and scissor lifts. Will be required to safely lift 50 lbs.
- Requires ability to work from drawings or verbal instructions.
- Experience troubleshooting, installing, repairing and maintaining equipment required.
- Experience with PLC controls, ladder logic, microprocessor-based equipment motor controls, relays, circuit breakers, machine & process controls & circuits desirable.
Candidate should also possess:
- Minimum of an Associate Degree or Diploma from a Technical College or Trade School
- Valid state issued driver’s license
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik./career to the Maintenance Technician position, JO # R0032546.
Sandvik Machining Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Deadline: Not set