Operations Field Support - Relief
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
As a relief Rock Tool Technician (Operations Field Support), you will be required to perform all necessary daily activities that are associated with servicing of a Sandvik rock tool supply contract, including compliance with all relevant operating procedures and policies, work scopes and contract documents. This role is to cover training requirements, annual leave, customer requirements and so will require frequent travel across Australia to multiple sites and location. This role is FIFO out of Adelaide, SA
Key performance areas
- Perform the daily delivery services of product as required by each site
- Remove all worn and damaged rock tools as required
- In field monitoring and reporting
- Analyse the condition and/or failures and discuss with the operators (Training will be provided)
- Replenish circuit stock on each rig or to each laydown area to the established levels
- Rock Tools Inventory Management – Forecasting, Tracking and Monitoring
- Complete analysis of failed product and report any abnormalities to the Product Support Manager and/or Sales Representative (Training will be provided)
- Perform the sorting, gauging, cutting back, grinding and colour coding of used drill bits if required
Ideally you will have experience working in an undergroundmining operation alongside drilling equipment. You will ideally have experience working with Top Hammer drills underground but not essential. You must have a strong safety commitment as well as excellent customer service and communication skills. Knowledge of on-site service contracts, mining and familiarity with Sandvik drilling products would also be beneficial.
You will be flexible and willing to travel up to possibly 80% of the time.
As a relief position this role is flexible to meet customer requirements, rosters will vary.
You must have the legal right to live and work in Australia to apply.
What we offer
- A competitive hourly rate and allowances
- Options for additional superannuation contribution (2.5% above the superannuation guarantee)
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is a leading supplier in equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking and demolition.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website home.sandvik/careers
07 3621 1823
Deadline: Nov 7