Operations Field Support
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Operations Field Support – Broken Hill, NSW
At Sandvik we are committed to teamwork and believe in the power of developing ideas and solutions together. We leverage our shared passion, diversity, open-mindedness and cooperative spirit to shape the future of our industry and, with it, the path of your career.
As an Operations Field Support, you will be required to perform all necessary daily activities that are associated with servicing of a Sandvik rock tool supply Cost Per Metre contract, including compliance with all relevant operating procedures and policies, work scopes and contract documents. The role will be working out of our Broken Hill workshop at our client’s site and will be a residential role based in Broken Hill, NSW.
This is a Mon-Fri roster 7.6 hours per day with the expectation of reasonable overtime when required. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job. You will need a valid manual driver’s licence for this role.
Areas of responsibility
- Perform the daily delivery services of product to each drill sit
- Remove all worn and damaged rock tools from the drill sites
- Analyse the condition and/or failures and discuss with the operators
- Replenish circuit stock on each rig to the established levels
- Complete analysis of failed product and report any abnormalities to the Product Support Manager and/or Sales Representative
- Perform the sorting, gauging, cutting back, grinding and colour coding of used drill bits
- Perform the refurbishment of blocked and bent drill rods
You will preferably have experience working underground around heavy equipment and preferably with current inductions, you must have a strong safety commitment as well as excellent customer service and communication skills. Knowledge of on-site service contracts, underground mining and familiarity with Sandvik drilling products would also be favourable.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- Options for additional superannuation contribution
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here.
0448 044 698
Applications close: 26-09-2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Deadline: Sep 25